The community should complain more about the boards.

By johnny shoes, in CoC General Discussion

The boards really are a drag. Not you all. You're GREAT! And happy holidays to all. But I need to speak up. I'm really frustrated about them. Tell me they are not a big step back from the old posts. Please post here if you think we need to change from these blue and gray colors. Post here if you think we should be able to edit our posts - even in this modern age of security. Post here if you just don't enjoy the experience as much as once you did (or you think you could, if you're new). And by all means, post here if you disgree with me. A sincere thank you to Jeremy and FFG who make these boards possible. I hope to impress upon the need for positive change. I do so with good will.

Well, I agree. There are some upsides, but the lack of custom avatars, PM's, a good edit function and some weird browser security setting that stops things from being copied/pasted in an easy way hinder a lot of the enjoyment. The fact that it's sometimes not that obvious that there is a new post is a nuisance too. I miss part of the sense of community though because it doesn't show who is online - which used to be handy for a quick mail or PM in the past.

It's good that there is some thought put into creating a larger community though, across games. I can see why that would warrant a new approach to the software. Shame that the software chosen doesn't work that well as it should.

Oh, I hate these new boards. It's too "busy" and hard to navigate around. The extra clutter makes things difficult to read.

I only come here once a week now, versus daily.

ive emailed ffg at least twice about these boards and once i sent them links to the 2 or 3 threads at the time that complained about them. the only positive is that you only need one username for all the game boards. the lack of editing posts and pm is just laughable.

oh and has anyone tried to use the seach function? its completely useless too.

I agree with everything everyone else has stated and will merely add: I dread having to fight through these boards to find topics or items of interest. I usually just skim the news topics on the front page and unless there is one about Arkham Horror or Call of Cthulhu, I don't even go to these boards. If there is an article, I'll read it and then come and see if the community has anything to say. And I'll skim the other threads if the titles look worth the effort. So, I'm on here maybe once or twice a week, depending on what I see.

johnny shoes said:

Post here if you think we should be able to edit our posts

You can, but only the most recent ones (I was able to edit this very post : the button is next to " Reply # x ").

What I really really *really* need now is a Recent topics button.

I don't know why FFG changed from the original forums which were a lot better than these.

I do not like this new forum either. Agree with what was said above. FFG used to be more professional and delivering better quality products before, including the boards.

is it just me or are these boards alittle slow again?

Well I was found of the old forum (it contains most points of our history, which was a great compendium for arbitral stuffs).

This one 's the slowest forum I ever seen. But it allow FFG to use the same one as Edge, which might occurs a fusion between those two entity, who knows...

And it surely needs to be faster and contains more informations on the game. Where are the multilanguage traduction (let me remind you the cénacle did propose a french version of the rules for every cultists who want to read it!) ????

Where shall we find the sheet for scores, inscriptions and deck build ???