Model size

By Wilfred Owen, in Dust Tactics

I'm curious of the scale of the miniatures. Will it be 25mm? If it is, I am very tempted to purchase the game for Warhammer 40k (in addition, as Dust Tactics sounds interesting).

the models are said to be 35mm scale. Slightly larger than AT-43. I think 40k is 25mm.

reptilebro1 said:

the models are said to be 35mm scale. Slightly larger than AT-43. I think 40k is 25mm.

You're right; 40k is 25mm. Oh well, the game looks great even if the models are larger than GW's.

40K minis are actually 28 mm, and "heroic 28" at that. GW's pre-3rd ed 40K stuff is closer to "true" 28, but since then they look much closer to 30-32mm with their chunkiness.

I am hoping the Dust Tactics stuff will be similar enough in scale to fit with AT-43 and Tannhauser minis. But if they are going with 35mm that would be a big negative in my little world...

It should be quite close. maybe marine scale rather than imperial guard.GW as stated uses a 28mm scale but thats from the base to the eyes not the top of the model. likewise I'm keen to cross the figures and mechs over

I thought larger than 28 but not as big as 35...

after a minute of research i found this:

www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/03/09/34274

30mm reported there...the soldiers should look larger scale next to AT-43.

Good work, Artemus! Now to start thinking of paint schemes and what not to tie all the TH, AT43 and Dust minis together...

ive thought of that as well - but intend to paint them differently as to make them as markedly different as possible...

I'm torn on how i'll paint them...the previewed pro-painted ones look good, but too similar to me.I guess real-world armies can look similar though... How i paint will mainly depend on the base supplied - i've seen the cracked ice one (which if provided I will definitely paint to match environment) and the diamond plate one (which if provided I will probably paint "Dust default" colours)

But to tie them all together with both (or either) should be easy - i'd suggest the following:

Allies: blueish grey/white armor (splinter pattern on mechs, w/ white decals) w/ leather-brown/khaki fatigues (gloves at least brown) to match Allies in TH & UNA in AT-43,

Axis: charcoal grey/black armour (mabe no camo pattern or a tiger stripe, yellow decals & markings) w/ dark green fatigues to match Reich in TH & ONI in AT-43

Soviet: Olive drab or olive green, muted red, grey unpainted metal, & medium browns would probably be best colour pallete to tie Matriarchy & Red Blok in with them, depending on how Dust minis come out...