A Light in the Darkness >> Announcing Signs of Faith for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

The Old World is a place of unending war and strife. The legions of Chaos threaten to demolish all bastions of civilization while spreading their corruption and heresy across the land. The Four Ruinous Powers continue to gather worshippers among the nobles and commonfolk alike, allowing them to spread their dark designs from within the Empire. Amidst this gathering darkness burns a light of hope that slowly gains strength, lit by those who follow the signs of faith...

Fantasy Flight Games is pleased to announce Signs of Faith , an upcoming supplement for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Signs of Faith introduces valuable background information on the Cults of the Empire as well as insights on the Ruinous Power Nurgle, the Plaguefather.

Hallelujah !!

Exactly what I was expecting gran_risa.gif

What? Doesn't this include corruption? Is Tzeentch only one of the chaos gods that can corrupt? (I haven't got my magic box yet so I'm not sure how to mechanics work but it sound weird anyway.

However the product looks like an excellent addition to WFRP!

This is just excellent news FFG!

Great to see more chaos addiction. cool.gif

That's EXCELLENT news. Worthy of an all caps EXCELLENT! Or two.

This can't arrive soon enough. I'm extremely satisfied with what Winds of Magic has brought to the table and I'm doubly excited to see this. Even though I'm *dying* for a bestiary, I'm glad this is in the offing. Can. Not. Wait.

Now this is a big news. One of the best Jl could announce. This is going to be a must have, not only for me I think. gran_risa.gif

Wow, now I realy can't wait for more news and the Journey To Black Fire Pass event. I only hope that as soon as possible, it would be great if monday right after the event, we would see the pdf version of the demo, new career and the future plans for the WFRP line. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Cool beans. I'm hoping the release schedule is somewhat ramped :)

jh

doc_cthulhu said:

What? Doesn't this include corruption? Is Tzeentch only one of the chaos gods that can corrupt? (I haven't got my magic box yet so I'm not sure how to mechanics work but it sound weird anyway.

However the product looks like an excellent addition to WFRP!

No Tzeentch isn't the only one that can corrupt. It's just that the rules for Corruption were paired with Tzeentch, while the rules for disease are paired with Nurgle, etc. The Corruption rules in WoM are not Tzeentch-specific corruption, they work for gaining corruption regardless of source.

Tzeentch = Mutation cards

Nurgle = Disease cards

Khorne = Disability cards? i.e. Missing leg et al.

Slannash = Addiction cards? Perhaps not. Anyone has a better idea?

I don't know where exactly it would go, but we need curse cards and rules also.

I hope signs of faith touches on the religions of the elves, but only touches, because I hope that we get some elf specific products soon.

Christian Lindke said:

I hope signs of faith touches on the religions of the elves, but only touches, because I hope that we get some elf specific products soon.

There is a little chapter about religion of other races so it touches a little elves religion.

First question - when? :)

Second question - I just took a look into new careers added to "Signs of Faith". Unfortunately I could not find any knight career. Did I miss something? To be honest I can not imagine the Old World without White Wolf Templars or Knights of the Blazing Sun.

Knight Orders will be publisherd in Omens Of War next year, I think.

And the Signs Of Faith are on the boat, so lets just hope that they will be avaliable in the first days of October.

But I don't know why the is no announcment about those new hardback Guides and Vaults. When will we see them officialy announced? It's so quite about WFRP now, why? A new designers dairy would be nice!