Very interested!

By jgt7771, in Cadwallon: City of Thieves

A game for the "other" character class. Most of the time, fantasy boardgames emphasize the sword/gun or the sorcery/psionics. But everyone forgets the guy that opened the safe, or got them inside the building, or even found information of it in the first place! I am DYING to find out about the members of these particular "gangs", and how diverse or specialized these gangs are: backstabbers, pickpocketers, lockpickers...

The board looks nifty, but I'm hoping there's more "flair" (read: Ameritrash fiddly bits) hiding in the shadows. Or a mess of cards. And a few expansions (if it doesn't suck). Jumping the gun, I'm sure, but I love thieves and rogues and dirty politics and backroom guilds, and nobody has really made a game of that fantasy underbelly.

exactly :) although within each gang, i suspect its members will have different focuses, i.e a guy who excels at combat, one at agility, one at mental ... things. So while the entire Guild of Thieves seems to be the 'alternative kids', there appears to still be diversity among the ranks...love that depth.

As far as extra bits, i know that there will be:

-silver & gold platic coins (i'll give those a nice wash or patina ;) )

-bunch of cards

-dice of course

-appears to be some of those clear red platic markers (maybe the activation tokens)

-chest tokens

-4 adventure boards (not the game board)

It has 95 cards [15 mission, 20 character, 60 Arcana cards], 80 coins, 20 miniatures, six dice, one game board, eight adventure boards, 24 chest tokens, 25 character tokens and 28 action point tokens.

At a retail of $59.95. Seems quite Ameri-trashy to me, and that's a good thing.

Definitely looking forward to adding this to the collection when it hits the street!

I'm interested too! Considering that most of my gaming is done 2 player, and this game looks like a lot of fun for a good price fits with what I look for. Pre-paints would have been nice but its not really that much of a selling point for me on this type of game. Another game for my "want" list, unfortunately I have a long want list (partly thanks to FFG) and won't be able to get everything on it.

I love me some Ameritrash as well.

I'm begining to warm up to this Game.The Static Board & Theme made me pass on the way to check out Dust Tactics but the Previews have caused me to take a 2nd look. gui%C3%B1o.gif .

OD

I'm new to Board gaming (less than a month) and don't have any games...This game seems like an good intro game....I can't wait for the rules to be posted !

Pulled the trigger on this one & pre-ordered gui%C3%B1o.gif The Rule Book convinced me,

OD

Old Dwarf said:

Pulled the trigger on this one & pre-ordered gui%C3%B1o.gif The Rule Book convinced me,

OD

I think you will be happy OD! The only complaint I have read/heard is that all the player characters have the same stats. I was surprised at that too, but soon appreciated that simple fact after playing a few games. The heroes stats (npcs) do differ some, btw. Arcana cards and special abilities are what end up differentiating the characters and that game mechanic works well. Enjoy!!!

Never really heard anything about this game until I saw the GenCon coverage. Now I will say I will definately be keeping my eye on this one.