Palace Fighting & Khan + Flying units join attack ability

By Ryukem, in Horus Heresy

2 questions

1. When fighting from 1 palace area to an adjacent palace area does the defending player get the benefits of fortificaion? Currently playing yes to this.

2. When using the flying units and Khans move to join an attack ability can they do this if the area they are currently occupying is activated? Currently playing no to this as the rules state that when you move a flyng unit to join an attack you must activate its destination area and Khan follows same rules as flying units. Seems a bit of a waste to activate the area they move to just for them to zoom off and join another attack as soon as the oppurtunity arises but then again they are supposed to be super fast units and in the posts i have seen peole say yes to Khan but no to Thunderhawks yet Khans ability says follow rules for flying units so both should be the same.

Come on FFG time for an offical FAQ.

Ryukem said:

2 questions

1. When fighting from 1 palace area to an adjacent palace area does the defending player get the benefits of fortificaion? Currently playing yes to this.

2. When using the flying units and Khans move to join an attack ability can they do this if the area they are currently occupying is activated? Currently playing no to this as the rules state that when you move a flyng unit to join an attack you must activate its destination area and Khan follows same rules as flying units. Seems a bit of a waste to activate the area they move to just for them to zoom off and join another attack as soon as the oppurtunity arises but then again they are supposed to be super fast units and in the posts i have seen peole say yes to Khan but no to Thunderhawks yet Khans ability says follow rules for flying units so both should be the same.

#1: Yes.

#2: Really? I must have missed those posts where Khan and THs would get different treatment due to activation marker. Anyways, I'd say an activation marker blocks joining by THs and Khan and his boyz.