Will FFG sell pre-painted (deluxe sets)?

By Toolian, in Dust Tactics

Or will it just be at Gen-Con

will there be future pre-painted (deluxe) sets for expansions?

I'm tempted to purchase this game, as it sounds interesting and the miniatures looks great.

I hope they do pre-paints. I would rather just pop the figs out of the box and enjoy.

I concur. I'm intrigued by the DUST universe, but I have far too many unpainted figs as it is begging for my attention. I'm definitely in favour of games with pre-painted figs these days if only to save me the eventual desire to try painting them myself :P

I too am a fan of the Pre-painted. As someone who works full-time and has twin daughters, my time for painting minis is very minimal.

Sadly it seems as though they will be "very limited"

The lucky few will get them.

If the normal set is $99.99, I shudder to think how much the Deluxe version will cost....

had a chance to speak with the Dust creators at the SDCC this weekend. looks like the deluxe edish is gonna be around the 299.99 range? i really hope they have some orders available on the ffg site when gen-con comes cuz if they do, the deluxe set is mine. they had the figs you get in the deluxe on display...they are phenomenal.

Inquisitor_VonDible said:

had a chance to speak with the Dust creators at the SDCC this weekend. looks like the deluxe edish is gonna be around the 299.99 range? i really hope they have some orders available on the ffg site when gen-con comes cuz if they do, the deluxe set is mine. they had the figs you get in the deluxe on display...they are phenomenal.

Yup. Too bad they are being sold as very limited.

They are marketing it as their LOTR deluxe box set. preocupado.gif

299 dollars? I suppose thats in line with what people were saying :( Still It's a fair whack for a game I'm not sure I'll like. The paintjobs do look amazing though from what I've seen online, I'm really torn on this one. I suppose theres no hope of a mass produced pre-painted set for around the 200 mark :/
I almost wish they would throw in somthing extra into the box for that price, now we play the waiting game.

Very unfortunate about the price tag. The contents seem to be comparable to the AT-43 Operation Damocles set yet costs five times as much. That seems a bit greedy to me. I understand the production costs involved, but under $200 seems more fair even if a collector's item. Once these are released, I expect to see it go for $500 on ebay. Too bad.

It doesn't appear to me that the units require paintingin order for me to enjoy playing I will have to see for myself how much better the deluxe version looks. I fear that it will be so good I have to buy it. I just hope the deluxe sets do not fall into the hands of those who are buying them up just to turn around on eBay and sell them at inflated prices. (I saw some capitalist pig was selling his War of the Rings for $1500.)

I have to admit I would like a pre-paint set but if it is going to cost circa £200 the minis want to be painted to a high standard and of good quality. The question of availability of the deluxe base set and deluxe expansions for that matter also weigh on me. No point buying the deluxe base set if the expansions don't follow in deluxe version or are not widely available. Really FFG need to clear up the deluxe questions that loom overhead otherwise they may put some of us off. An announcement sooner rather than later would be good.

Ugh... $299.00 seriously way too expensive for me. I would have liked it at a lower price. I think the price is exaggerated and too inflated. I'm on the fence on this one. I might be on board for the normal version.

Last time I spent more than $200 was for my PC Core i7 940 and it was at at sale price of $230. Spending $300 in a game I'm not even sure of enjoying or finding buddies to play with, well that's out of question. Add to that that I have to pay overseas shipping too...

If there was to be a semi-regular "Pre-painted upgrade" pack at $69.99 I may have thought about buying it, as it would have helped spread the costs. And this edition is way less "impressive" than WOTR CE !

The prepaints are really nice - I just reposted pictures of them on my blog . From FFGs announcement it is not necessarily a limited edition as much as they are being made in small batches. If people are ordering, they will make them. That should prevent the scalpers from swooping in. However, it remains to be seen if these will be sold exclusively by FFG or if they will be out to retailers with the usual internet discounts.

docsavagepu8-2.png