Twin Cities Players

By AMBusam, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

I've just received a copy of the core set and am looking to try out the game. Likely I will be going straight LCG should I chose to expand. If there are other new players in the area that are interested by all means let me know.

Any existing groups that want to make themselves known would be welcome as well.

Thanks.

Its a bit of a drive, but up here it Cambridge we play twice a week, Tuesday and Saturday nights. If you can't find local players (and there are some, but I don't know if they still meet at the Source on Thursday nights), think about driving up to the Gamers Den once in a while. You're always welcome up here.

i live in saint paul and can meet to play. it used to be people played at the Source on Snelling and Larpenteur, but attendence has been poor. i try to get up to cambridge every once in a while. jerusalem jones and some other players still play regularly up there.

I am saddened that you are no longer a Ser. At first, I thought you might have been Eric from Litchfield.

Luke Reed lives up in the Twin Cities; I'll let him know that someone's in the area who wants to play.

it's okay. i am still the same lousy player you can crush!

i found the name while rereading the books looking for flavor text.

twin cities players:

i am going to be at the Source Comics and Games tonight playing. if you are a new player show up! (we won't bite)

i will be there at 6 pm (but may show up at 5 pm).

i am going to be at the Source at 5 pm today.

Mad Axe said:

it's okay. i am still the same lousy player you can crush!

i found the name while rereading the books looking for flavor text.

Oh yea, I know about Mad Axe and the Nightfort, and the "princely pie." I never took you for the type to betray Guestright, though.

ah, yes, princeling pie.

And who are you, theproud lord said,
That I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
That's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
A lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
As long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
That lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
With no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
And not a soul to hear

~would you like some fries with that axe?

I notice that you have BSG as you second favorite FFG game. You SO have to come up to the store and play with us. Last night instead of Thrones we played 2 games of BSG. It was awesome. That game is so frakking sweet, and I'd love to play a game of it with you. In the last week we've taught it to at least 5 new players!

I think the Twin Cities needs to expand further north, so the rest of you folks don't ahve to drive so far to come here.

JerusalemJones said:

I notice that you have BSG as you second favorite FFG game. You SO have to come up to the store and play with us. Last night instead of Thrones we played 2 games of BSG. It was awesome. That game is so frakking sweet, and I'd love to play a game of it with you. In the last week we've taught it to at least 5 new players!

I think the Twin Cities needs to expand further north, so the rest of you folks don't ahve to drive so far to come here.

agreed! get yer butts up here.

i am waiting until they get the new light rail line extended. you gotta call someone and let them know that you want a stop in front of the store.

:)

anyone going to go this saturday, feb 7? i may be able to shuffle plans to show up. i may even be able to bring my wife. she won't want to play aGoT, but she would enjoy BSG. she SO wants to be a cylon and crush humans!

anyone going to the Source tonight? (Feb 5th)

Mad Axe said:

i am waiting until they get the new light rail line extended. you gotta call someone and let them know that you want a stop in front of the store.

:)

anyone going to go this saturday, feb 7? i may be able to shuffle plans to show up. i may even be able to bring my wife. she won't want to play aGoT, but she would enjoy BSG. she SO wants to be a cylon and crush humans!

Actually, if and when the light rail goes norhtbound, there are actually plans to have a station AT THE MALL.

That,of course, assumes that a) the light rail happens, b) the Mall is still here and c) we are still in the mall and can afford the rent.

I wonder if we all wrote our legislators to give the Den a portion of the Economic Stimulus Package to ensure we will stick around another 10-15 years.

I'll be up at the source tonight, it's been a while but I want to play.

I'll be there in about an hour or so. For any new people, look for the short,chubby, darkhaired guy with a darkgreen jacket. Don't be affraid to walk up and introduce yourself.

ugh. bounder. i was wanting to play last week, but didn't bother checking the boards cuz no one posts on them. tonight seems bad cuz of snow, but i have 4-wheel drive...

(this is ser robb, renamed)

Tonight's a no go with the Snow. It would take me an hour to get there and an hour to get home. sorpresa.gif