Flight of the Giants Arrives at Last!

By djpeterso23662, in Wings of War

"Since before your sun burned hot in space and before your race was born, I have awaited. . . Flight of the Giants."

- Guardian of Forever

Yes, it has been that long in coming, but it finally arrived at my friendly professional game store yesterday!

First looks: rulebook, two sheets of heavy die-cut counters, about six half-size control boards, two packs of cards, half-a-dozen cardstock die-cut bomber cards printed two-sided.

Had a look yet? Played it yet? Please post!

Preparing to play a night bombing mission. . . but it's hard to see the cards in the dark! happy.gif

The cards are on thinner stock which in the case of the bombers can be a real problem.

It is not clear to me at all how they will modify some of the rules to accommodate actual models.

If I have understood it correctly, you fly your plane forward and then the bombs forward of that. This seems a bit odd that the bombs are able to get ahead of the plane.

In general the rules are interesting and should lead to some very good games. Even better when the models arrive. At least I hope they will.

The two expansion packs that also came out, contained nothing of great interest other than to add to the variation in the planes one can fly. The research that has gone into the cards stands out here. My only complaint with the system is that the altitude system seems to be a bit of an after thougtht.

I think the package is a bit expensive for what it contains but the additional ability of flying heavy bombers is a definite plus. WOW has really expanded into quite a comprehensive WWI aircraft game. I am now looking forward to the heavy bomber models, although I bet they will be pricey!

Just picked up the new expansion. Our Wed. night group will probably do a mission with the big bombers then.

Looks good!

Hey, all!

Yeah, this is a great add-on to WoW WWI! I'm lovin' it!

Question: I've been searching for clear sleeves for the airplane cards / control panel cards. The smaller ones are just a little wider than the "standard" (I'm assuming "baseball card"-sized) 2-5/8" x 3-5/8" sleeves - so you can't put the cards in these sleeves without "bowing" the cards and then, of course, they don't lie / lay flat. I don't have the measurements for the larger airplane cards / control panel cards. I've checked with FFG customer service, and they don't know of any sleeves available and have no info on whether or not they're planning on coming up with same sometime down the road.

Does anyone know if any kind of clear sleeves can be had for these larger cards? Thanks!!

Jack.

aka "Jack Pershing Roll"

This is shipping to me from my wholesaller with 3 boxes of Magic : The Gathering 2011 edition. I'm going to sell the 2011, but use the new Wofw set to play with.

I can't wait to see the planes in their actual size!

Any idea if the minis will be produced. I love the Handley Page 0/400

There was a thread on here not too long ago that said that they were. There was a link to some pictures of unpainted models at a game show or something. It was only 2 of the bombers though and if I remember correctly the Handley Page 0/400 was not one of them. There were also 4 other single seater planes. They were all earlier planes; the Fokker E.III is the one I remember.