50 pence for Dungeon Quest

By toastcrumbs, in DungeonQuest

I found Dungeon Quest at a car boot sale last year. They wanted 50 pence for it. I bought it, took it home, played it once, remembered what I didn't like about it from when I was playing it in the 80's, and promptly took it to a charity shop the next day, for them to sell.

Of course, when I heard that a new version was coming out, it gave some kind of "value" to the one that I had just gotten rid of. And I wished I still had it. But now I've had a few weeks to think about it, I've come to the conclusion that it really wasn't all that great a game.

Maybe the new one will be better. Who knows.

toastcrumbs said:

I'm sure it will be shinier, as FFG games tend to be. The basic game mechanic appears to be the same, though. Draw a tile, play a tile, move your hero and maybe die. I'm sure it won't be exactly the same, but if your feelings about the old edition aren't particularly fond, I'm doubtful the new edition will have some magic touch the old one was missing.

Steve-O said:

toastcrumbs said:

I'm sure it will be shinier, as FFG games tend to be. The basic game mechanic appears to be the same, though. Draw a tile, play a tile, move your hero and maybe die. I'm sure it won't be exactly the same, but if your feelings about the old edition aren't particularly fond, I'm doubtful the new edition will have some magic touch the old one was missing.

agree. If you didn't like the old one I don't think you'll love this one...that's a pity, in my opinion DQ it's one of the funniest board games.

I love DungeonQuest and think that the best part of it is the risk...

As Gimli said so profoundly when discussing DungeonQuest with his fellow adventurers -

"Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?"

It is a very fun game, don't like dungeons ! Play something else ! Enjoy !!

This game is lame ! even Stupid ! We play a round et we can die !

BUT IT S SO FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !

we was ROFL all night long !