Not one review yet?

By redcoat22, in Battles of Napoleon

Mine is still in the mail. Does anyone have some feedback they would like to share?

It's a beautiful game/system. The box is huge and the figures are well made. I used the wrong type of clue (just generic crazy clue) so you may want to think hard about the type of clue you use when putting the riders on horses. (several of mine didn't stick well).

The quality of the cut outs and cards and board is also well done, although I wish they would have had a suggestion for where stuff goes in the box. The tray is very good, but there are some odd shaped ones that I can't figure out.

I've only played the game once, but it was enjoyable. I think it will get much better with additional play. It seems to have an ebb and flow to the battle that makes sense to me, although I'm not an avid fan of the period.

The rules are fairly easy to understand, with only a few areas where you have to read a bit deeper. I crave for a sample few turns of the game though. I really like it when rules include sample turns (as opposed to just specific examples). It helps with the order of things.

Still, the rules are bright and clear, with many illustrations for explaination.

All in all, good value even with the high price. I look forward to more games and expansions.