Question about toad

By theracoon, in Talisman Rules Questions

Hello, we might misunderstand something about toad rule, and couldnt find it in faqs:

if you turned into toad, you lose all items

you move away, and next turn you move back on items, picking them up.

When you turn back to normal, you lose your original items reaquired as frog, or you can keep them?

Please help us solve this dispute

Thanks

A toad can not have items.

A toad can not have followers.

A toad cannot gain spells, nor cast them.

So if you turn into a toad, you cannot pick up anything until you're un-toaded. Your followers sit on the space and anyone who comes along can take those, too. Same with your gold. You keep your spells but you can't cast them and you can't gain more. If you gain craft or strength points, you LOSE the extra points you gained (while a toad) when you un-toad.

So, it's all bad, being a toad.

But you can do "ribbit" and jump around, being a toad is fun!

Thanks for answering, that clarified things :)

theracoon said:

But you can do "ribbit" and jump around, being a toad is fun!

Thanks for answering, that clarified things :)

If you like being a Toad, I suggest jumping again on the space where you've been toadified, if it was a Card (Witch, Talismonger, Transmutor, Cauldron Crone, ecc...). The chances of rolling another 1 are significantly higher when you're a Toad and it gives you 3 additional Turns in amphibian form gran_risa.gif .

In the last game I was toaded by Cauldron Crone in the Highland (rolled 1 and 1 again with Fate) and tried twice to fight against a Shiver Nymph (Cft 2), who I couldn't face as a normal Highlander and would have given 2 extra trophy points I needed. Failed every single attempt.

It's not very nice to be a Slimy Little Toad...

Zapranoth said:

A toad can not have items.

A toad can not have followers.

A toad cannot gain spells, nor cast them.

So if you turn into a toad, you cannot pick up anything until you're un-toaded. Your followers sit on the space and anyone who comes along can take those, too. Same with your gold. You keep your spells but you can't cast them and you can't gain more. If you gain craft or strength points, you LOSE the extra points you gained (while a toad) when you un-toad.

So, it's all bad, being a toad.

I can't find anything in the FAQ/rulebook about not being unable to pickup objects or followers as a toad.

I guess the toad card not having the object and follower boxes implies you can't have them, but that's not as strong a case as the rulebook stating you can't gain/cast spells.

Is there a FAQ i'm missing?

snacknuts said:

I can't find anything in the FAQ/rulebook about not being unable to pickup objects or followers as a toad.

I guess the toad card not having the object and follower boxes implies you can't have them, but that's not as strong a case as the rulebook stating you can't gain/cast spells.

Is there a FAQ i'm missing?

The Toad card with no Object/Follower boxes is the best confirmation you can find. But you're right, the Revised 4th edition Rulebook forgets to state that a Toad can't have Objects/Followers.

I think that game developers were absolutely sure that no gamer would ever think a Toad can have Objects/Followers, since being Toadified makes you lose all your possessions, but they could have solved it with a short sentence on the Rulebook. Toads are a very popular Talisman feature, every fan knows very well how it works, but this FFG edition brought a lot of new fans and perhaps they needed clarity. No FAQ has been issued yet.

Yes this is correct.

Toads cannot take Objects or Followers as possessions.

That's why the boxes are missing from the Toad.

Ell.

I can't belive this has not been FAQ'ed yet. I know well that toad's cannot pick up anything. I've played this for years, but yesterday a new player argued that there was nothing that forbade his toad from picking up things, so we went with it. He was right after all.

Hehehe Toad picking up items..

Edited by Uvatha