Perhaps I'm just being pessimistic but...

By einroy, in Battles of Napoleon

Is anyone else concerned/bothered by the lack of info/hype/publicity/etc for this game. Basically the only new about this game ever was that they were going to publish it. Conversely look at Battles of Westeros which has had at least a dozen front page news plugs in the last 3 months. Makes me wonder about the long term plans for this game.

Though ultimately of course it will come down to whether it's a good game or not.

I dont know much about this, but im going to assume the lack of hype here at FFG is cus its actually a Nexus game, FFG are just distributing it for non-europeans. While BoW is actually a full FFG game, and thus the hype.

Dont take my word for it though im not really sure.

I have to say that, having played two of the scenarios with friends today, that we totally enjoyed the game and

all are ready to play some other scenarios, and are looking forward to any expansions. We did have some minor

questions(on the charts, mostly), but all in all, the rule book was easy to follow. For value for money, the miniatures are 1/72nd scale (my

friends and I think) Italieri miniatures, and you get about 30-50 dollars (our calculations, I guess that depends on the value of the Euro)

worth of miniatures, besides the other game components. All the game components were of high quality, and the storage tray make it easy to sort and store the

game components.

The only component we were a little worried about were the boards, as they are large, and if you live in a hot, high humidity area you might (we think)

see some board warping. I don't know if Fantasy Flight can do anything about that, but best, if you buy the game, to not store the game in the trunk of your

car (in case you need to hide it from the girlfriend or wife lol).

I hope this helps you with your worries.

James

...as long as you keep it indoors with AC you should be good to go, regardless of humidity in you location. I live in Houston but runt he AC nearly year round and have never had any cardboard warp or spilt laminants.

Moreover, I wouldn't say that Napoleon had just a few spotlight moments. I'd say that Battles of Westeros had too much spotlight. They are really trying to force-sell that game so much that it gets irritating.

I've just finished reading the Napoleon rules. They are not written very well and I fully expect a lot of questions to appear over the next weeks but there is surely a lot of game here. A GOOD game.

I believe that a living rules PDF is the best way to go with this game.

unclegreasy said:

...as long as you keep it indoors with AC you should be good to go, regardless of humidity in you location. I live in Houston but runt he AC nearly year round and have never had any cardboard warp or spilt laminants.

In fact, I've already seen significant board warpage with a game kept in a controlled AC environment. I suspect the reason is due to the size and thickness of the boards. I could live with poorly edited cards, but that was a show stopper for me...can't play miniatures with severely warped boards

My BoN boards warped a liitle initially, but they also warped back and are now nicely flat.

Bazookajoe said:

unclegreasy said:

In fact, I've already seen significant board warpage with a game kept in a controlled AC environment. I suspect the reason is due to the size and thickness of the boards. I could live with poorly edited cards, but that was a show stopper for me...can't play miniatures with severely warped boards

Plexiglass will help with keeping your boards flat. Nothing fancy get a piece cut to the size of your playing area and it can either sit there or be put up for storage between games.