DOOM dice needed!

By YoshiPL, in Doom

Killed my dice recently (1st edition of the game) and I'm looking for another set (from 2nd print). Anyone has a additional dice set they would like to share (read - sell)?

No spare dice? ;(

Any ideas then how to make a new set?

Printing up labels/stickers to put on your old dice is the best bet. There are scanned images to use over on BGG...

-shnar

Tried that mate... the sticker come off after few games :/

You could buy those recessed dice, the stickers usually stay on very well in those. Like these:

pic628924_md.jpg

Though not sure where you'll find dice like that. I picked up a few from a fellow BGGer for Descent (was going to make custom Encounter dice for RtL).

-shnar

Found them! Thanks for the hint.

I kind of want to print another set, where did you find the dice?

-shnar

On the webpage of one of my local (county's) stores. Thez have black and white dice but they will do nicely. Each dice is 1,5 PLN (0,7$).

I have the same problem. In the shop of FFG there is a set listed, but not available anymore. I hope they will restock this.

Otherwise, I could ask FFG for the permission of using the design to make custom dice (i saw it on q-workshop.com, which looks very promising) Don't know how much they will cost though.

If it's anything like Chessex, it will be around $5 a die, since each side is custom imprinted :(

And don't hold your breath for a dice reprint. I asked Thaadd about it, and she said it wasn't going to happen, ever. Your best bet is to find a 2nd Printing of the base game and buy it just for the dice (the extra miniatures, tiles and components is a nice boon too ;) ). When the game went on sale for $20 last Christmas, I bought two copies just for the dice (figured I'd spend that much at Chessex if I did custom dice anyways, so might as well get extra components).

-shnar

If your looking for some indented dice, you can look at thrift stores for games that include them.

I've found tons of Yahtzee Jr. that have indented dice.

Depending on the store, you can get a set of 5 dice for .50 to 2.00.

They come in many different colors.

Battlebots, which is more rare, has 13 indented dice.