Official Rulings & Clarifications

By FFG Robb, in Battles of Westeros

Greetings all!

As we all pledge our allegiances to our favorite Houses and muster our forces for battles in Westeros, I thought I would start an ongoing list of some trouble spots. As I see things that are being misinterpreted on a regular basis or other problem areas, I will post their solutions and the clarifications here.

I would ask that conversations regarding the rulings on this list be confined to normal threads as otherwise this document could grow quite large.

See you on the battlefield!

FFG Robb

Clarifications:

1) Commanders are always in their own zone of control (ZOC).

2) Yes, building fighting is currently the only mechanic that depends on the type of engagement token placed (actually they are quite important in those instances).

3) In Battle #6, the leftmost blue rank Stark cavalry should be a blue rank infantry unit.

4) In Battle #10, the middle blue rank Lannister cavalry adjacent to the Lannister side should be an infantry unit.

5) Order X Leadership cards can be used to order any number of units up to X (minimum 1),

NOTE: For specific rules questions, please use this link http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_faq.asp .

I have found this typo in the rulebook so far:

- Page 9: the last chapter of point 8. Starts with " The owning player refers to the upper left corner of the Commander card's..." The image clearly shows that it is set on the upper RIGHT hand side NOT the LEFT hand side.

Robb,

I played a couple times at GenCon and Ed Browne ( I think that was his name) mentioned that you clarified archer flank attacks. Is it your ruling that archers can flank attack a unit already engaged?

thanks,

Joe

Possible typos:

My components list said there were 6 dice included but there were actually 8.

The Harassment to Harrenhal scenario lists 17 Casterly Cavaliers needed but my set (and components list) only show 15.

Just wanted to share my apprication.

While this thread/list has not been updated in a while, I know that Robb has been busy providing alot of answers for the community so we do in fact have official rulings on most (if not all current) things. If you are new or considering getting the game, know that its been well supported (as well as being an awsome game in the first place).