Stug III vers panzer IV

By Grand Stone, in Tide of Iron

I dont have normandy jet cuz its not in the store. But I have read the rules and seen the revised reference sheet, and one thing realy bugs me,

and that is that after the corrections, the Stug III seems identical to panzer IV in stats? Are there cards which makes them different?

Another thing, why didn't any of the german Tanks get penetration ability same as M10? When fighting americans maybe the penetration ability

is somewhat useless for Germany, but if we look forward to an easter-front expansion, the penetration ability may be worth ALOT!

Else it seems like Normandy has some fun elements. Demolision, here I come!

Bye the way, is it possible to get an official updated reference sheet which includes all expansions? (normal game, days of the fox and normandy?)

Grand Stone said:

Another thing, why didn't any of the german Tanks get penetration ability same as M10?

Good question. Most likely because the German tanks are generally throwing more dice to begin with.

Good observation. The StuG IIIG and the Panzer IV have exactly the same stats. I'll still take the StuG IIIG pieces though.

Grand Stone said:

after the corrections, the Stug III seems identical to panzer IV in stats?

The difference between the StuG III G and the Panzer IV is that the StuG has no turret. Since ToI does not work with vehicle facing, that detail seems to be below the "resolution" of ToI.

Grand Stone said:

Another thing, why didn't any of the german Tanks get penetration ability same as M10?

There are cards which also give you armor piercing ammunition, so other vehicles in the game can get penetration as well.