Anyone in Arizona?

By hklown, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

I tried posting this thread on the old forums a long long time ago, and it didn't get much of a response.

I'm a CCG player that caught the very beginning of LCG, but due to moving out to Arizona for college, lost my whole playgroup (very, very sad ).

I took up playing L5R because that's what everyone out here plays, and there's not much interest among my friends for starting up another card game. However, my friends back home still regale me with tales of AGoT, and my interest in it is as strong as ever.

So, I figured I'd just see if anyone in the Phoenix/Tempe area plays. Unfortunately, I don't have a car, but I can generally get to the Games Depot or Gamer's Inn pretty reliably. I'm really interested in getting back into LCG, but I am confined to the cold, unfeeling mistress that is OCTGN until I find a playgroup.

Just figured I'd see what's what, hopefully there's some folks in the general area who want to play!

Well I don't know about regularly, but my girlfriend's grandparents live in cottonwood. We usually come out two or three times a year, and its only about two hours to phoenix right? I'd love to get together sometime and play some cards!

I'd be totally game- if you have an excuse to come out here anytime, shoot me an email (it's in the profile... I think). Right now I only have a few CCG decks thrown together, but I'll see if I have enough LCG to make a fully functioning deck. I might also be able to get a few people to come with, if I provide the cards.

There used to be a really active group ("Team US") in the Tempe area, but the transition of format, the closing of a store and a certain MMO spelled the demise of the regular play.

My in-laws used to live in Tempe and moved to Chandler, so I used to play occassionally with the Phoenix crew. I don't believe they lurk the boards much any more unfortunately. The good news is, there are people with collections in the area the bad news is that it may be hard to find them.....

i'm in tempe looking to learn how to play. if you're down to get together with a noob, i'm game. :)