Is this game out of stock?

By Rapier1, in Anima: The Card Game

I've been trying to get a hold of a copy of Shadows of Omega in the UK. Finally I've been told that it's just in need of reprint. Is that the case? and if so when can I expect one?

I haven't bought the expansion yet either, hoping to get this first. Since it's stand alone will it reduce my enjoyment (beyound the fact the expansion can support 1 player less) by having the expansion first?

I was afraid that I might not like the base game after the cool extras that a FF expansion usually brings (as I found with Arkham Horror, Runebound... ect.)

I think you'd be perfectly fine just buying the expansion until you can locate the 1st game ... because, they really are stand alone. There are some differences that make owning each worthwhile, but I don't think that it would stop you from wanting to own or the play the first - especially since you can mix the cards. So, both work perfectly fine stand alone or together - but the changes aren't so significant that the 1st would seem worthless to play.

If you really can't get it, there are other ways to get it. For some reason we seem to have lots in stock in Canada - you could ask a retailer there to send you one.