Vostroya

By Peacekeeper_b, in Dark Heresy

Reading up on Vostroya which is in the Segmentum Obscurus in the Halo Zone beyond the Eye of Terror. I assume it isnt in the Calixis Sector but it seems awefully close. Anyone have any input on this?

Perhaps it is in whatever sector we see just below the Drusus Marches on the map on p. 288 in the DH core book. I don't really see where else it could be, based on the maps I've got.

Beyond the Eye in what direction? Spinward? Coreward? Rimward? Trailing?

Also, keep in mind that a sector is roughly 200 LYs to a side, so "close" is relative.

I would assume that if it is beyond the Eye of Terror it is away from Terra, so spinward I'd guess. I got a really good map of the 40k 'verse, but its freaking huge and I can't figure out a way for someone to actually read the systems and the planets.

Colonel-Commissar ManBeast said:

I would assume that if it is beyond the Eye of Terror it is away from Terra, so spinward I'd guess.

The reason I ask is because there are Halo Stars beyond every Segementum; the Galactic Halo is a real phenomenon, a bunch of widely spaced, dim stars between and beyond the main arms.

http://www.joachim-adomeit.de/wh40k/spacemap/map.html is a good map of the 40K Galaxy, and as you see, there's a Halo Zone west of the Segmentum Pacificus, and is beyond the Eye of Terror but not when coming from Holy Terra. Unmarked is the Halo Zone between the Perseus and Cygnus arms which is beyond the Eye, away from Terra, but is pretty undetailed.

The Halo Stars/Halo Zone is the ring around where the Astronomicon begins to fail.

Been looking at the3 various maps of the Imperium that I have. According to the 5th edition 40k rulebook the Calixis Sector is located to the "north, northwest" of the Eye of Terror. Also, according to this map the Scarus Sector is more 'northeast" of the Eye, actually in the Halo Stars. Vostroya still is not listed on the 5th edition map either and the Scarus Sector is in a different place when compared to the map in the link.