A final salute

By Blail Blerg, in X-Wing

Pilots, squadron leaders and goofballs,

It has been a pleasure hanging out with you. It was my joy to see others share their knowledge and be able to do the same. I hope whatever new official forum has the same attitude. It was also nice to interact with some really notable players like @pheaver and @D4rkt3mpl4r . There are also a bunch of you who were wonderful friends and cordial people.

BB signing off.

Edited by Blail Blerg
2 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Pilots, squadron leaders and goofballs,

It has been a pleasure hanging out with you. It was my joy to see others share their knowledge and be able to do the same. I hope whatever new official forum has the same attitude. It was also nice to interact with some really notable players like @pheaver and @D4rkt3mpl4r . There are also a bunch of you who were wonderful friends and cordial people.

BB signing off.

See you around

Hope to see you again at BGG.

Same, @Blail Blerg .

See you, space cowboy...

It’s been fun... bon voyage all.

Hope to see some of you at a big Xwing event in the future, maybe Seattle if AMG moves worlds there?

Gonna try to get a game in today... against myself to honor the game =P

I'll be back in-person when we're all safe, but who knows when that will be. Heaven knows I spent a crap ton on this game during quarantine.

8 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Hope to see you again at BGG.

I'll probably try and find new forums again, but I prefer official ones, so hoping AMG opens something. If not, I'll see what BGG is about.

I don't like community run ones because I definitely don't trust the bias of the moderators, and I've been on the opposite side of popular opinion before (not here) and seen some really egghead community leaders. Please fill in egghead with a much more meaner word.

We'll meet you at the rendevous point on BGG ...

9 minutes ago, Hawkstrike said:

Or Discord. Lots of action there.

Good job everyone, it's been a good run

9 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

Roger roger

May the force be with you

18 hours ago, CoffeeMinion said:

Or Discord. Lots of action there.

Nah, Discord 'tis a silly place.

21 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

I'll probably try and find new forums again, but I prefer official ones, so hoping AMG opens something. If not, I'll see what BGG is about.

I don't like community run ones because I definitely don't trust the bias of the moderators, and I've been on the opposite side of popular opinion before (not here) and seen some really egghead community leaders. Please fill in egghead with a much more meaner word.

I would be very surprised if AMG opened up a forum after this is shut down this one and we explicitly told to look elsewhere for an alternative.

On 1/28/2021 at 9:28 AM, Blail Blerg said:

Gonna try to get a game in today... against myself to honor the game =P

I'll be back in-person when we're all safe, but who knows when that will be. Heaven knows I spent a crap ton on this game during quarantine.

Hope you win!

Sad to see it go. It helped change my mind about 2.0

Looking forward to reuniting somehow, somewhen.

I’ve not been able to be on as much since changing jobs, but I used to spend my whole day with an eye on these boards and I always loved it and will miss it more than I do now.

God be with you all.

On 1/27/2021 at 4:30 PM, Blail Blerg said:

I'll probably try and find new forums again, but I prefer official ones, so hoping AMG opens something . If not, I'll see what BGG is about.

Ditto. I doubt that will be a thing, however.

Time to retire the breath mask, the cape, the tinfoil hat, and go back to civilian life.

From the Darth Formerly Known As Meanie,

Peace, Love, & Over and Out.

Prince was the Nike swoosh before Nike was"

I find your lack of faith disturbing

wow last day to be able to check these forums for new bites.

goodbye world!

On 1/28/2021 at 11:30 PM, Firebird TMK said:

Sad to see it go. It helped change my mind about 2.0

Looking forward to reuniting somehow, somewhen.

Make for Discord, at least for the time being. It’s a different experience but it’s very current and active. Even if you don’t want to stay there forever, it would be a good place to ride out the transition.

https://discord.gg/rzjgUpTm

Thanks for the ride folks! See you at BBG or elsewhere.

Ps: "LUZ_TAK WAS HERE"

Man, I am going to miss this place. One of the main places I go to on my internet time. Even though I did drop off a lot in the past few years, I will still miss this place.

I've been on these forums since before Wave 1 First Ed came out. I'll miss everything about this forum; the Good and the Bad. Signing out. See you on the other side of the galaxy. May The Force Be With You All.

the eve is nigh