Man, that Recusant has some weird arcs!

21 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Man, that Recusant has some weird arcs!

Yeah its almost SSD sidearc like.

Does it look like a large base to you?

8 minutes ago, Ophion said:

I’d say with dice and model price they are both large. (Actually looking again, the Recusant may be a Medium).

Edited by Herr Style
I’m rash and don’t look carefully

The title of the article has to be a StarCraft reference, right?

"Heart of the Swarm", that's not a coincidence, right?

Grevious for 20 points and a tagge effect only HEAPS better. Just run him with a hyena wing.

Real glad I only need one of each otherwise my wallet is gonna be crying from abuse

2 hours ago, Ophion said:

It does, yes.

At that price, it had better be.

So...Invisible hand. Does it permanently increase the squads AI ?

Notice how big the Providence model is on that large base, its much longer than a ISD. So they definately went for the upscaled variant from the TCW show for no reason. Urgh. I guess this thing will have a Starhawk points cost. I gotta say im disappointed. Also, those new prices make me seriously reconsider if im gonna stick to the new factions. (And im a clone wars fan)

28 minutes ago, Flengin said:

The wording of the card could be a bit ambiguous, but I'm 100% sure that it's only during that activation.

33 minutes ago, >kkj said:

I guess this thing will have a Starhawk points cost.

I don't think it will have Starhawk points cost with single digit hull points (that's what it looks like to me) and that armament.

3 hours ago, Flengin said:

I'm (mostly) sure it will be for that turn only. The wording about increasing AI is part of the same sentence as the 'Cant move this activation' bit.

I notice that with Invisible Hand you have to launch your set asides at distance 3 not distance 1-3 . This could mean that bombers have to deploy on the far side of an enemy ship rather than on the near side where your big guns are going to strike. But then 5 Hyenas is 15 Red dice with a Hardcell BCC nearby.... Wow! Why did they tone down Yavaris again?

A ship with Rapid Launch Bays has to set aside squadrons before deploying fleets so those fighters cant be used to delay ship deployments. I think the wording on Invisible Hand means those squads going into reserve on Invisible Hand do count towards deployments which is rather tasty.

What happens if Invisible Hand has an Offensive Retrofit and equips Rapid Launch Bays to itself? Can one squadron command deploy 5 squads at distance 3 and another 5 at distance 1 with the same squadron command? Or maybe a combo totaling 5 say 3 at distance 3 and 2 at distance 1.

The Grievous commander card says it activates if a ship or any squadron dies... but the article says it only activates if a ship or a unique squadron dies.

Shu Mai looks rather tasty for only 4 points. He will work on Salvo too.

Providence seems to be a MC80C with expanded launchers.

Recusant looks to be a VSD-I with enhanced armament. Arcs are strange but those flank arc yellow dots are quite near the edge.

Edited by Mad Cat
24 minutes ago, Mad Cat said:

I notice that with Invisible Hand you have to launch your set asides at distance 3 not distance 1-3 . This could mean that bombers have to deploy on the far side of an enemy ship rather than on the near side where your big guns are going to strike. But then 5 Hyenas is 15 Red dice with a Hardcell BCC nearby.... Wow! Why did they tone down Yavaris again?

You can't use Invisible Hand with Hyenas unfortunately. It requires that the squadrons you set aside have swarm which they don't have. That said I still think the title is fantastic with vultures as it'll let them throw 3 black and a blue each in anti squadron. Possibly with a reroll due to swarm activating too

25 minutes ago, Mad Cat said:

Shu Mai looks rather tasty for only 4 points. He will work on Salvo too.

*She.

Stop 4n2c0g62gc5b.png&f=1&nofb=1 female 4n2c0g62gc5b.png&f=1&nofb=1 Gossam 4n2c0g62gc5b.png&f=1&nofb=1 erasure 4n2c0g62gc5b.png&f=1&nofb=1 in 4n2c0g62gc5b.png&f=1&nofb=1 the 4n2c0g62gc5b.png&f=1&nofb=1 Commerce 4n2c0g62gc5b.png&f=1&nofb=1 Guild.

8 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

You can't use Invisible Hand with Hyenas unfortunately. It requires that the squadrons you set aside have swarm which they don't have. That said I still think the title is fantastic with vultures as it'll let them throw 3 black and a blue each in anti squadron. Possibly with a reroll due to swarm activating too

Good catch. Stops it being broken and now it's just a good card. Rather useful for stopping the enemy from alpha striking your Vultures and Tri Fighters. Sort of a combined longer range Rapid Launch Bay and Flight Controllers rolled into one and leaving those slots free (if the ship has them).

Looking at the arcs, I think that one if not both copies of SMB’s that came in my core set “may” have a home with the Recusant and Invisible Hand? That’s a big “may” as well.

I think a Hardcell Transport handing out Con fire tokens like candy would have to support this potential fleet though.

And before anyone says it, LTT’s still reside on my Munificent and Hardcell Battle refits lol.

Well, the good news is that I only really need 2 of each. A proper CIS fleet has 1-3 big ships, and a crapton of Munificents! Unless you have your heart set on playing the Battle of Coruscant...

🤔

🤔

🤔

😳

Ok, so maybe I will eventually get a couple more. ;)

Looks like only one variant of the Providence.

I love Shu Mai. Her ability could be great fixing dice, so you can choose a maneuver or repair dial for those turns. The ship can do two things in two turns, that's nothing to sneer at!

46 minutes ago, flatpackhamster said:

Looks like only one variant of the Providence.

Article mentions a Dreadnought or Carrier variant. Last line before the pic of the ship showing off the model and its arcs.

34 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Article mentions a Dreadnought or Carrier variant. Last line before the pic of the ship showing off the model and its arcs.

Thanks, I missed that. The other article proclaimed the 'two different ships' so I assumed that there was just one for the Providence. That'll teach me not to skim read. (That won't teach me not to skim read)

11 hours ago, Mad Cat said:

I notice that with Invisible Hand you have to launch your set asides at distance 3 not distance 1-3 . This could mean that bombers have to deploy on the far side of an enemy ship rather than on the near side where your big guns are going to strike.

Within distance 3, not at distance 1-3.

1 minute ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Within distance 3, not at distance 1-3.

So could I place a squadron touching Invisible Hand and that counts as within distance 3?