Afterburn through Gas Cloud with Fang Fighter

By topacesteve, in X-Wing Rules Questions

Hello, if i afterburn through gas cloud to use Marg Sabl with a Fang, can i do the free boost from afterburners AND get the linked Red Focus

Before moving to my - Lost - Perform action step?

Edited by topacesteve
correction
21 hours ago, topacesteve said:

Hello, if i afterburn through gas cloud to use Marg Sabl with a Fang, can i do the free boost from afterburners AND get the linked Red Focus

Before moving to my - Lost - Perform action step?

"afterburn" is a boost, not a maneuver, since that's what afterburners does. you cannot to boost through an obstacle without collision detector or q7 astromech. also, marg sabi doesn't trigger off of movements, just maneuvers.

other than that, it totally works, yeah. if you maneuvre through a gas cloud, you can get the boost from afterburners and trigger marg sabi closure in any order, since both abilities have the same timing (after you fully execute a maneuver). you can also link to a focus action from the boost, if you have the boost linked to a focus action on you action bar, yes. (with a fang, starviper, tie v1 or what have you)

you do not move to your lost perform action step, since moving through a gas cloud makes you skip your perform action step (as in, there is no such thing as moving on to a timing that does not exist). instead, your activation ends and the next ship activates, or if there are no ships left to activate, it's the end of activation. the sequence is identical with an asteroid. debris would not let you perform the linked focus, since you'd be stressed. also, debris would not make you miss your perform action step.

Capture.png

Edited by meffo
debris

That's Great news !!