TransGelMag Control Link base

By Sciencius, in X-Wing

Question: Late to the party, I just got my ETA-2 expansion and upon unboxing i noticed the TransGelMag Control Link has its own base cardboard and its own pilot card, which I hidherto mistakenly have thought of as an upgrade and something that you discarded uppon "undocking". But apparently it had escaped me that the ETA-2 simply undocks following normal rules, and the TGM stays with its own cardboard and base on the board as an immovable ship with the cost of (right now) 5 points? to which you are able to redock?

(And where are we to post such questions and if we cant agree, post a FAQ clarification to get an official ruling post end-of-january? *sigh*)

3 hours ago, Sciencius said:

Question: Late to the party, I just got my ETA-2 expansion and upon unboxing i noticed the TransGelMag Control Link has its own base cardboard and its own pilot card, which I hidherto mistakenly have thought of as an upgrade and something that you discarded uppon "undocking". But apparently it had escaped me that the ETA-2 simply undocks following normal rules, and the TGM stays with its own cardboard and base on the board as an immovable ship with the cost of (right now) 5 points? to which you are able to redock?

(And where are we to post such questions and if we cant agree, post a FAQ clarification to get an official ruling post end-of-january? *sigh*)

I believe you will still be able to contact FFG/AMG directly for questions using the respective contact details on their websites. Outside of official, there's still the community available to answer questions as best we can until we get an official ruling in a FAQ/errata (we'll just have to do it on BGG or reddit).

The ring is effectively an obstacle that can be shot at when no ship is docked to it. You can redock to it if you wish.

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark
6 hours ago, Sciencius said:

The Hyperspace Ring is mechanically a ship in its own right, and follows all of the normal rules for ships, except that it has no maneuver dial or initiative of its own and therefore can't select or reveal maneuvers, or activate or engage, except when another ship is docked with it. I'm not sure what clarification you're looking for beyond that?

Edit: Yes, you are able to dock with it again in future rounds.

Edited by Joker Two

It is also worth noting just in case you were not aware that the Hyperspace Ring is only for casual/epic play and cant be used in standard tournament events (whenever they will be able to be played again) so getting any sort of official answer from FFG seems super unlikely.

Thanx for the replies y'all!

I am gona miss this forum in 9 days or so...