Surprised to see it go

By Ellahrairah, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

So I come back to the forum after a long time away only to find out its going the way of Geocities. So I thought I had better ask 2 very important questions while I still can.

1) Is there a particular forum that can be used now, or is it going to be about a billion little forums from this point on? Any recommendations?

2) Looking at trying to use Roll20 for a campaign but have never done an RPG virtually. I watch some youtube channels (principally the Dead Unicorn) and always see that they have a large assortment of digital maps from the books. Is there a source for these beauties?

Cheers!

1- It seems most people are going to l5r and to reddit.

Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/Hp42YkD5V2

2- Can't help you there.

1) Court Games are offering a forum, if you dislike discord and reddit, although the community is splintering a bit :(

2) If you do a search for battlemat, you'll find some put out on the web by people free. Often on reddit or pinterest.

Alternatively, you can take just about any top-down view and put it up on the roll20 page's background / map layer - the system overlays a grid on everything.

A hint for making PC tokens is to use heroforge to design it and then load it up. If you don't have a graphics tool to remove the background, there's a web tool called photo scissors that well let you convert any image to have a transparent background.

Hope that helps.

7 hours ago, Ellahrairah said:

So I come back to the forum after a long time away only to find out its going the way of Geocities. So I thought I had better ask 2 very important questions while I still can.

1) Is there a particular forum that can be used now, or is it going to be about a billion little forums from this point on? Any recommendations?

2) Looking at trying to use Roll20 for a campaign but have never done an RPG virtually. I watch some youtube channels (principally the Dead Unicorn) and always see that they have a large assortment of digital maps from the books. Is there a source for these beauties?

Cheers!

Edited by Tonbo Karasu
12 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

1) Court Games are offering a forum, if you dislike discord and reddit, although the community is splintering a bit :(

2) If you do a search for battlemat, you'll find some put out on the web by people free. Often on reddit or pinterest.

Alternatively, you can take just about any top-down view and put it up on the roll20 page's background / map layer - the system overlays a grid on everything.

A hint for making PC tokens is to use heroforge to design it and then load it up. If you don't have a graphics tool to remove the background, there's a web tool called photo scissors that well let you convert any image to have a transparent background.

Hope that helps.

I appreciate any tips. L5R has always been a love of mine and I am making a come back... from 1st ed to FFG ed. All the virtual platforms are a new thing for me, so every little bit helps. Cheers!

giphy.gif

Edited by Ellahrairah