Is the Republic Gunship available?

By Kingsguard, in X-Wing

I don't see it being sold anywhere.

1 hour ago, Kingsguard said:

There is no ship called the Republic Gunship?

1 hour ago, Kingsguard said:

Do you mean the LAAT/i? If so, yes, it is being sold, but stock is hard to find.

Pretty much sold out at the moment. Which is worrying to me, because we have no idea how restocking will be handled with AMG. The LAAT could be the new Star Wing.

I was shocked at being able to sell an opened & gently used one at MSRP lately. (Ended up getting a custom painted one as a gift.) I guess I’d be equally shocked if it became the new hot rare thing.

Hopefully AMG will get themselves together before too long. I hear we’re supposed to start getting news from them in early February. Looking forward to seeing what we get.

7 hours ago, Innese said:

It's Republic faction and it says "Gunship" right there on the box, dude.
swz70_main.png

5 hours ago, Tervlon said:

Pretty much sold out at the moment. Which is worrying to me, because we have no idea how restocking will be handled with AMG. The LAAT could be the new Star Wing.

Ugh, sucks.

6 hours ago, Kingsguard said:

Ugh, sucks.

I think your best bet is looking at your LGS or a more obscure online retailer.

Unfortunately they seem to have been short printed, we got none on release. Fortunately a buddy went home for Christmas halfway across the country and found us both one in Nebraska. It was the last two there and the only ones either of us have ever seen in store, so your best bet is luckily running up on one. From what I understand the new armada products are out of stock from distributors, as well as many, many X-Wing products here in the U.S. as well. I’m afraid they short ran most of the new products lately.

Also here in Italy Laat/i are not easy to find.

Sadly, your suggestion does not ship outside US.

If we have to close the collection of the game,
I'd like to have at least one piece of each ship.

At the moment, mostly of the last wave reach really high price in the few store that still have.

Not very far form the the ugly destiny other my favorite games: Wings of War and Sails of Glory.
Some pieces are really hard to find, some only at high price. Few unavailable.

19 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

Still some at a local store here.

https://shop.family-time-games.com/search/LAAT/

FWIW if you're in the US this linked store still seems to have some in stock. They're based in Indianapolis.

I'm sure it'll reprint... the problem with the star wing was the move to 2.0 right after it sold out.

On 1/19/2021 at 12:05 PM, Innese said:

it was officially called the Republic Gunship in Attack of the Clones before being renamed the LAAT in Clone Wars.

The X-wing version is officially called LAAT/Republic Gunship

22 hours ago, dinobaldi said:

If we have to close the collection of the game,
I'd like to have at least one piece of each ship.

X-Wing isn't ending. There's more content planned, and the licence has at least 3 more years on it. Initial print runs being smaller seems to be an Asmodee/FFG decision based on prefering to under-print than over-print. The same occurs in their LCG lines. Given time, ships will cycle back around in re-prints, but X-Wing does do the huge majority of it's sales in release week.

Source: <looks at NDA> unclear, and some additional friends in the industry.

I have a bad feeling about this.