Click Click Weapon Attribute

By marklgz, in Rules Questions

Hi all,

GM'ing a game and as I was putting together an armoury for the PC's I encountered a few weapons with the 'Click-Click' attribute.

Checked the Genesys books rulebooks I have and I can't find mention of it. Also done a lot of Googleing and found it referenced, but without a description of what it does?

Can anyone let me know what it does please?

There's nothing in any of the official rules called that. It's possibly something from a homebrew or Foundry product, but not one I'm familiar with.

If I had to speculate, based on the name alone , it could possibly be a shorthand for weapons that run out of ammo easier. Normally, a despair on a combat check can be spent to cause the weapon to run out of ammo. In Star Wars there were a handful of weapons that could run out of ammo on 2-3 threat as well; there may be some weapons like that in the Genesys books, but I can't think of any offhand.

I've seen this somewhere, and I did some searching myself, but can't locate it. I had a talent called "Ammo Hog" which was similar to the out of ammo results for a heavy blaster pistol. If I recall correctly, Click Click was another fan's talent that did something similar. But, again, I can't find it.

I don't know if this is the first use of it, but I found it in GM Huzz Sci-Fi Armory

The quality makes it possible for a weapon to run out of ammo with 3 Threat instead of 1 Despair.

21 minutes ago, Noahjam325 said:

I don't know if this is the first use of it, but I found it in GM Huzz Sci-Fi Armory

The quality makes it possible for a weapon to run out of ammo with 3 Threat instead of 1 Despair.

There it is... Thank you Noahjam325 that's perfect!