Question Horror in High Gear (Spoilers)

By Henryillusion, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Hi! I'm playing this scenario right now and I have a huge amount of trouble understanding some of the roads...

Example:

"Cliffside Road" says " When a vehicle leaves this location: Investigators at this location, as a group, must spend 3 clues for each investigator in that vehicle. " does that mean that the investigators inside the vehicle that just left cannot spend any clues?

I'm playing with 2 investigators in 1 car and I really don't understand if that means that I always have to leave one investigator outside the vehicle on that location to spend the clues so the other one can take the vehicle to the next location without taking damage or other stuff... This mechanic sounds quite weird to me.

Also, another question just to check: I can investigate a location even when I'm inside a vehicle, right? I think there's nothing preventing me from doing that.

Because Cliffside Road reads "When..." rather than "After...", its ability triggers before you actually have left the location (think of it as "when you are leaving" rather than "after you have left", if that helps). So the investigators in the vehicle can (and must) spend clues to help satisfy its effects.

That's a relief! I thought I had to abandon my teammate on each of these locations.

Thanks for the help!