New Rey + holdo list

By Gokuja04, in X-Wing Squad Lists

So I took Rey with holdo, transport pod, i1 awing, and fireball with cloaking device to space jam. Did fairly well overall but lost faith in the list. But with the new gsp tourneys coming up and merl releasing i tweaked it a little and want to see what you guys think.

New Squadron

(68) Rey [Scavenged YT-1300]
(9) Rose Tico
(8) Amilyn Holdo
(9) Finn
(2) False Transponder Codes
(4) Stealth Device
(2) Rey's Millennium Falcon

(26) Colossus Station Mechanic [Fireball]
(4) Cloaking Device

(32) Merl Cobben [RZ-2 A-wing]
(3) Intimidation

(27) Vi Moradi [Resistance Transport Pod]
(6) Hondo Ohnaka

Total points: 200

So i lose the ability to move Rey down to i1 and tank shots with a cloak token, but i am now able to jam with either FTC and/or hondo. And reduce agility with merl.

I can also transfer the cloak token from Rey to Merl making him more survivable which is a huge bonus. Just sling Merl up, cloak him and if he survives, which he should a lot more, then you can decloak and get shots and pull his ability off more.

I know i didn't post the original list, but if you aren't familiar then just go by the list posted.

I know i could take zizi or other ships that are more meta but i want to try to make this work again.

Let me know your thoughts on tweaks you would make

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this list, but thats mainly due to not getting enough second edition games played yet, only recently converted. Haven't even played resistance, yet.

On 1/15/2021 at 9:07 PM, Gokuja04 said:

So I took Rey with holdo, transport pod, i1 awing, and fireball with cloaking device to space jam. Did fairly well overall but lost faith in the list. But with the new gsp tourneys coming up and merl releasing i tweaked it a little and want to see what you guys think.

New Squadron

(68) Rey [Scavenged YT-1300]
(9) Rose Tico
(8) Amilyn Holdo
(9) Finn
(2) False Transponder Codes
(4) Stealth Device
(2) Rey's Millennium Falcon

(26) Colossus Station Mechanic [Fireball]
(4) Cloaking Device

(32) Merl Cobben [RZ-2 A-wing]
(3) Intimidation

(27) Vi Moradi [Resistance Transport Pod]
(6) Hondo Ohnaka

Total points: 200

So i lose the ability to move Rey down to i1 and tank shots with a cloak token, but i am now able to jam with either FTC and/or hondo. And reduce agility with merl.

I can also transfer the cloak token from Rey to Merl making him more survivable which is a huge bonus. Just sling Merl up, cloak him and if he survives, which he should a lot more, then you can decloak and get shots and pull his ability off more.

I know i didn't post the original list, but if you aren't familiar then just go by the list posted.

I know i could take zizi or other ships that are more meta but i want to try to make this work again.

Let me know your thoughts on tweaks you would make

Where you the one that was on stream versus Brobots?

Isnt Rey tanking shots while cloaked a huge part of the list?

Merl having cloak and going for blocks is interesting. Its hard to know how a list like this will play out on the table. Im definately a Rey with Holdo fan though and been practicing with Rey/Nien/Zizi and know how awesome it is passing those tokens around.

Good luck.

13 hours ago, wurms said:

Where you the one that was on stream versus Brobots?

Isnt Rey tanking shots while cloaked a huge part of the list?

Merl having cloak and going for blocks is interesting. Its hard to know how a list like this will play out on the table. Im definately a Rey with Holdo fan though and been practicing with Rey/Nien/Zizi and know how awesome it is passing those tokens around.

Good luck.

Yea that was me lol. And yes you lose the ability to drop to i1 and tank with a cloak token but I did not do that in all my games. And with Merl there is a good chance that he will die before Rey shoots at i1 so taking swarm tactics probably isnt smart here.

You lose that ability but you gain the ability to jam and lower defense dice by 1-2 and punch more damage through.

Funny enough I havent tried a list with zizi yet lol. I really need to pairing Zizi witg Rey/Holdo was my first thought when she was announced.

I will try it out but I havent had any motivation to play on tts since Coruscant.