Announcing a New Armada Forum!

By The Jabbawookie, in Star Wars: Armada

To flee the impending shutdown, I set up a forum that functions similarly to this one :

https://www.swarmada.net/

It's pretty neat and we would be honored if you would join us. All the cool users will be t here!

Oh, and tell your friends. Tell your enemies. The more, the merrier.

4tlei6.jpg

Nothing like TLJ references to start an online forum off on the right foot.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Yes.

Thanks for the time and effort you put into this.

I'll be there.

5 hours ago, ninclouse2000 said:

Thanks for the time and effort you put into this.

I'd also like to thank @GhostofNobodyInParticular for their contributions.

I started things and handled design, but actually making the site functional was very much a joint effort.

3 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

You are most welcome!

I am just pleased that this is happening, and honored by @The Jabbawookie 's trust in me such that he let me help.

It is only right that as he selflessly attempted the creation of a forum for everybody I, who hoped to use it, should offer what help I could.

Signed up now

If you actually want to support the new forum, post there not here

Great! Thank you for your initiative. I have signed up. It looks great and I hope that a lot of the great contributors here come to your place!

Thanks for taking the time to do it ! I take the liberty to already move some of my posts there, hope this is allowed :)

I also share this with other french players

I'll check it out.

On 1/15/2021 at 8:24 PM, The Jabbawookie said:

To flee the impending shutdown, I set up a forum that functions similarly to this one :

https://www.swarmada.net/

It's pretty neat and we would be honored if you would join us. All the cool users will be t here!

Oh, and tell your friends. Tell your enemies. The more, the merrier.

4tlei6.jpg

Nothing like TLJ references to start an online forum off on the right foot.

Moved there. Good bye FFG community. It was nice to be here. Cya on new forum 👋

I’ll check it out.

Signed up but still weaiting for the activation e-mail :)

Bump.

85177070.gif

It's a forum!

What's this about the forum shutting down?!

23 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

What's this about the forum shutting down?!

Joined; thanks, Jabbawookie!

A little feedback of the design:

Please note that I'm reading it on phone.

The background arts are beautiful and the font is distinctive from the topic backgrounds. However I feel like the mobile screen is a bit overloaded with the background , those half pictures peeping out of the top and bottom are drawing the eye away and uncomfortable when changing topics it just drice the focus away.

Also the font is a bit too thin I think, the color contrast is fine, but somehow still too thin (I can't find a better word).

I don't know if others also find these things inconvenient, but wanted to give some feedback!

Thanks for organizing this!

Also the forum needs more posters... or it will be stillborn. Make an effort to get out flying.

6 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Also the forum needs more posters... or it will be stillborn. Make an effort to get out flying.

Yeah, I'll do some outreach on Discord, BGG, Reddit, etc.

I'm banking on part of that quiet being the existence of this forum. Here we are talking about the new forum's visibility, below a post about the new forum's design issues. (Which I'll be working on.) People have been coming here for 5 years; they aren't going to really transition until they have to.

Edited by The Jabbawookie
12 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Yeah, I'll do some outreach on Discord, BGG, Reddit, etc.

I'm banking on part of that quiet being the existence of this forum. Here we are talking about the new forum's visibility, below a post about the new forum's design issues. (Which I'll be working on.) People have been coming here for 5 years; they aren't going to really transition until they have to.

Not quite. This forum was dying long before the extermination date. That was an exodus to the moderated discord to avoid the toxic voices on here.

If you want the new forum to pick up there needs to be cross pollination of links. Instead of direct links to blogs on discord, links to where they are hosted on swarmada etc.

Bump