Tabletop Admiral Remake Beta

By werdnaegni, in Star Wars: Legion

I remade Tabletop Admiral from the ground up. There are still lots of things I'm going to add, but I think it's now at the point where it's a better experience than the old one, so I thought I'd unleash it upon you to gather any feedback.
You will have to create a new account. There is an export code for your collection on the current TTA site, which you can import into the "collection" page of your new account on the beta.
Lots more cool things coming.
And here's the link to the site: https://beta.tabletopadmiral.com/

The new site looks really neat

After a quick look around, the only issues I noticed were that loadouts aren't present (I imagine this will come in a later update) and the landspeeder has two pilot slots and one crew slot, instead of the other way around.

Great work!

8 minutes ago, TheGoldfinch said:

The new site looks really neat

After a quick look around, the only issues I noticed were that loadouts aren't present (I imagine this will come in a later update) and the landspeeder has two pilot slots and one crew slot, instead of the other way around.

Great work!

Loadouts should be there, they just only show up when you add an upgrade to the main slot for that unit.

X-34 should be fixed now, thanks!

Do I need to create a new account for the beta? I can't seem to log in with my creds. Thanks!

When I'm adding upgrade cards to units, some cards have a black star after the name and point cost. What does that star mean?

For example:
Bossk
First Training Slot - Hunter
Second Training Slot - Offensive Push
Gear - Targeting Scopes

Are these recommended upgrades? Popular choices? Something else?

Commander Vader doesn't have stars next to any items in the 3 Force slots.

6 minutes ago, thestag said:

Do I need to create a new account for the beta? I can't seem to log in with my creds. Thanks!

You do, unfortunately. You can import your old collection though if you go to the profile on the old site and copy that code.

Just now, oreet said:

When I'm adding upgrade cards to units, some cards have a black star after the name and point cost. What does that star mean?

For example:
Bossk
First Training Slot - Hunter
Second Training Slot - Offensive Push
Gear - Targeting Scopes

Are these recommended upgrades? Popular choices? Something else?

Commander Vader doesn't have stars next to any items in the 3 Force slots.

Most popular upgrade for that slot, yes. It's calculated at load time. I don't think anyone has saved any Commander Vader lists yet, so I suppose there's no data to pull. I could be wrong though.

Love that feature. Especially if I'm looking to build a list using a Commander, or a Unit, or even an entire Faction that I'm not familiar with, that will help me figure out some good loadouts to play with.

Just now, oreet said:

Love that feature. Especially if I'm looking to build a list using a Commander, or a Unit, or even an entire Faction that I'm not familiar with, that will help me figure out some good loadouts to play with.

Me too! Saves me a lot of thinking.

Some of the battle plan cards are small/hard to read; Bombing Run, Payload, Danger Close, Hemmed In, Roll Out, and War Weary. Obviously, that's more of an issue with the objectives and conditions.

Otherwise, UI is good, graphics are nice & clean, and layout is nice. I really like the starred upgrade feature. I did notice that the last unit and upgrade you clicked on stay displayed in the middle, whether OP Luke can have a Linked Targeting Array or not... 😆

The new site looks good so far, is there a way to import lists from the old site?

On 1/15/2021 at 1:25 PM, werdnaegni said:
I remade Tabletop Admiral from the ground up. There are still lots of things I'm going to add, but I think it's now at the point where it's a better experience than the old one, so I thought I'd unleash it upon you to gather any feedback.
You will have to create a new account. There is an export code for your collection on the current TTA site, which you can import into the "collection" page of your new account on the beta.
Lots more cool things coming.
And here's the link to the site: https://beta.tabletopadmiral.com/

You're doing the lords work sir.

been having a play around with the new version, its looking great, love your work :)

One minor thing, the Sith Probe droids are detachments to Maul but at the moment you can add them without having Maul in the army yet.

The Imperial Shoretroopers and rebel vets along with their detachments seem to work, capping the number of detachments to the number of the trooper unit that is in the army, however a minor bug once you add say 2 shoretroopers and 2 mortars, if you then remove a shoretrooper it still lets you keep 2 mortars. infact you can add 3 shores and 3 mortars then delete all 3 shores and still have 3 mortars showing. Only a minor thing but thought I would let you know anyway.

I'm in love this this new site

Being able to minimize sections such as battle plans and such would be nice.

Maybe increase text size slightly for the unit title in the list section, or slightly change the color of its bubble.

specifically talking about mobile here

Edited by Tirion
On 1/20/2021 at 11:03 AM, KarlVonCarstein said:

The new site looks good so far, is there a way to import lists from the old site?

There is now a way to open lists from old TTA on new TTA. So you can just click the link in your profile on the old site, and it will open on the new one. Go to the bottom, give it a name, and hit save.

I know it's not fully automated, but one click and one typing of a name, hopefully easy enough! Lists are saved in a totally different format now, so it's a bit tough to fully automate.

On 1/20/2021 at 2:57 PM, Mace Windu said:

been having a play around with the new version, its looking great, love your work :)

One minor thing, the Sith Probe droids are detachments to Maul but at the moment you can add them without having Maul in the army yet.

The Imperial Shoretroopers and rebel vets along with their detachments seem to work, capping the number of detachments to the number of the trooper unit that is in the army, however a minor bug once you add say 2 shoretroopers and 2 mortars, if you then remove a shoretrooper it still lets you keep 2 mortars. infact you can add 3 shores and 3 mortars then delete all 3 shores and still have 3 mortars showing. Only a minor thing but thought I would let you know anyway.

I'll check on the probe droids. Probably just an oversight.

re: mortars. Yeah I'm aware of it, I'm always a bit hesitant to automatically remove things from people's lists, in case they're just fiddling around and experimenting, or they accidentally deleted the shoretrooper. I think I may just make the mortars red or something if you remove your shoretroopers.

Glad you like the site.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:46 PM, Tirion said:

Being able to minimize sections such as battle plans and such would be nice.

I'll work on that soon, thanks.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:51 PM, Tirion said:

Maybe increase text size slightly for the unit title in the list section, or slightly change the color of its bubble.

specifically talking about mobile here

It's been tough making everything fit on one line. I'll see about bumping it up a little bit. What do you mean by changing the color of its bubble?

Ask and ye shall occasionally receive. You can toggle each section of the builder now.

When you're looking at units, the card(s) stay on the screen while you scroll down. It also appears that this works for battle plan cards, but not for command cards. Can that be changed? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, thestag said:

When you're looking at units, the card(s) stay on the screen while you scroll down. It also appears that this works for battle plan cards, but not for command cards. Can that be changed? Thanks!

Meaning you want it to work for command cards, or that you don't like how it is now for units and battle plan cards?

Sorry, I could've worded things better.

Meaning I would like it to work for command cards too.

Can you make the hide new list the default? that way you do share it every time because you forgot to click the box? Also can you make the print layout so it puts your commander first then the operatives then troopers and spec forces and so on.

Everything else is great!

Just my 2 credits.

I plan to join the patreon soon. thank you for a great program!

1 hour ago, bswaim said:

Can you make the hide new list the default? that way you do share it every time because you forgot to click the box? Also can you make the print layout so it puts your commander first then the operatives then troopers and spec forces and so on.

Everything else is great!

Just my 2 credits.

I plan to join the patreon soon. thank you for a great program!

I would expect people who are okay with sharing their list to be the majority, so I thought it made more sense to leave it unchecked by default. If you forget to check it, you can always reload your list, check it, and save it again. It will then be removed from public lists.

Yesterday I fixed the order of the print layout, so it SHOULD be in that order now. Let me know if it's not always doing that though!

And thanks for considering the Patreon!

20 hours ago, thestag said:

Sorry, I could've worded things better.

Meaning I would like it to work for command cards too.

It should now scroll with you. Let me know if you have any issues.

It works! Awesome. Thanks!