Veteran Turret Gunner on Turreted Y-Wing?

By TheSpitfired, in X-Wing Squad Builder

Hello Pilots,

I know these forums are about to shut down and the game is about to completely change so in awhile this won't matter at all, but here in the now I don't understand something.

I was messing around in the squad builder app and it told me there were errors in one of my Rebel lists. Specifically a list with 3 Y-Wings that had turrets and Veteran Turret Gunners. The App is telling me that I can't have the veteran turret gunners on these ships. Why is that?

I tried searching google but all I could find was a reddit thread from 2 years ago that indicated this was a bug and should be fixed sometime. However here we are.

Again for clarification all three Y-Wings had Dorsal Turrets equipped which give them the rotate action, satisfying the requirement to equip a veteran turret gunner. There is nothing in the rules reference that states how a ship has to meet a requirement for an upgrade. So why can't Y-Wings with turrets equip Veteran Turret Gunner? Is this ever going to get fixed?

Thanks.

58 minutes ago, TheSpitfired said:

Hello Pilots,

I know these forums are about to shut down and the game is about to completely change so in awhile this won't matter at all, but here in the now I don't understand something.

I was messing around in the squad builder app and it told me there were errors in one of my Rebel lists. Specifically a list with 3 Y-Wings that had turrets and Veteran Turret Gunners. The App is telling me that I can't have the veteran turret gunners on these ships. Why is that?

I tried searching google but all I could find was a reddit thread from 2 years ago that indicated this was a bug and should be fixed sometime. However here we are.

Again for clarification all three Y-Wings had Dorsal Turrets equipped which give them the rotate action, satisfying the requirement to equip a veteran turret gunner. There is nothing in the rules reference that states how a ship has to meet a requirement for an upgrade. So why can't Y-Wings with turrets equip Veteran Turret Gunner? Is this ever going to get fixed?

Thanks.

It has been allowed all throughout 2.0 up to this point and was allowed in the previous official app; the general consensus is that this is just a coding error in the new version of the official app as we've had no rules changes to indicate it no longer works.