Beating Clone Ball

By dennisharlien, in Star Wars: Legion

On 1/19/2021 at 10:13 AM, Lemmiwinks86 said:

So why do you say that? I'm trying to understand if there's something in Sabine that I'm missing.

Do not engage or try to argue with Khobai; he derails every thread with his absolutist statements. He thinks his way is the only way to play the game, and if a unit doesn't do exactly what he thinks it should, he'll say it's "bad".

Not sure if he's just socially inept or a massive troll; either way, avoid replying to him.

23 hours ago, Mace Windu said:

The one massive thing that Sabine has over Boba is her 1 pip card, if you can hit 4 or more units with the 2 bombs (which is not unreasonable) you get to roll an extra 16 or more attack dice with no cover.

Yes that can be a whole lot of fun, boba fett's one pip can be just as influential. Immobilizing a unit as a free action can be incredibly powerful and sometimes game changing. I've seen it trash a son of skywalker one game and make an And Now You Will Die incredibly ineffective another game. IMO Boba and Sabine are both very well balanced to each other. But that's just my two-cents I haven't used Sabine very much so I wouldn't know all the shenanigans you can do with her

12 minutes ago, bllaw said:

Yes that can be a whole lot of fun, boba fett's one pip can be just as influential. Immobilizing a unit as a free action can be incredibly powerful and sometimes game changing. I've seen it trash a son of skywalker one game and make an And Now You Will Die incredibly ineffective another game. IMO Boba and Sabine are both very well balanced to each other. But that's just my two-cents I haven't used Sabine very much so I wouldn't know all the shenanigans you can do with her

Boba's problem is his cards havent aged well. Most combat oriented operatives get free actions or tokens in addition to some other effect. Boba just gets an extea weapon for the round. His 1 pip is the only pretty decent one because it gives you a free action.

55 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Boba's problem is his cards havent aged well. Most combat oriented operatives get free actions or tokens in addition to some other effect. Boba just gets an extea weapon for the round. His 1 pip is the only pretty decent one because it gives you a free action.

He's definitely showing his age. If you're playing Boba right, his 2 and 3 pips allows you to delete an entire squad, but even then, only activating Boba is what holds those cards back. The points reduction was a good start, but they need to add a tad more to his 2 and 3 pips; like being able to activate more than just him.

28 minutes ago, samusthe17 said:

He's definitely showing his age. If you're playing Boba right, his 2 and 3 pips allows you to delete an entire squad, but even then, only activating Boba is what holds those cards back. The points reduction was a good start, but they need to add a tad more to his 2 and 3 pips; like being able to activate more than just him.

I dunno. Maybe his lackluster performance in-game is intentional? Could be they just wanted the old man Boba version that will eventually release for the inevitable scum faction to be insanely good by comparison? lol

48 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I dunno. Maybe his lackluster performance in-game is intentional? Could be they just wanted the old man Boba version that will eventually release for the inevitable scum faction to be insanely good by comparison? lol

Im expecting a Boba 2.0 at some point with a Gaffe Stick upgrade the rolls about 5 red dice with surge to crit after the beating he gave those stormtroopers in The Mandalorian!!

Ce stick etait vraiment une gaffe.

10 hours ago, samusthe17 said:

Or have his 3 pip give him a free aim (for his targeting rangefinder when he shoots his rocket) and have the 2 pip give you a free recover or standby or something. I think its thematic that Boba and Bossk only order themselves, but at least Bossk gets to be more of a powerhouse for a turn with his cards.

20 hours ago, samusthe17 said:

Do not engage or try to argue with Khobai; he derails every thread with his absolutist statements. He thinks his way is the only way to play the game, and if a unit doesn't do exactly what he thinks it should, he'll say it's "bad".

Not sure if he's just socially inept or a massive troll; either way, avoid replying to him.

how did I derail the thread?

the thread is about imperials vs clones.

everything I said in my posts pertains to imperials vs clones

therefore I have to question whether or not you even know what the word derail means? there was no derailment.

And I do not think my way is the only way to play the game. Because if you actually read my posts, which you clearly didnt, I clearly explained when the other strategies presented can work against clones and the specific circumstances they do work. But they do not always work.

Again you prove your ignorance by not reading my posts.

19 hours ago, samusthe17 said:

I like how you agreed with what I said about Boba Fett. Then you claimed im derailing and trolling the topic and that other people shouldnt listen to me. What is wrong with you? lmao.

And the only problem with Boba Fett is that hes 125 points. If Sabine is 125 points then Boba Fett should be less than 125 points because Sabine is better than Boba. Boba Fett just needs to come down in points cost some more.

Again the whole problem with Imperials is that Imperial units are overcosted compared to their equivalent units in other factions. Boba vs Sabine being one example of many. Its a point cost problem and its not anymore complicated than that. Boba Fett shouldnt cost more than 115 points. And Bossk should be around 105 points. Alternatively they could just fix bounty.

Bounty is not Boba's best feature, but having Sharpshooter 2.

Obviously. the whole reason I suggested using Boba Fett vs clones was his ability to ignore cover. I made it very clear in my post that ignoring cover is extremely important for beating clones. And I already said bounty was massively overcosted but that doesnt meant bounty cant be fixed. A few simple word changes could fix the bounty ability and make it much easier to pull off.

Edited by Khobai

^ Lol, I rest my case.

youre the one that derailed the topic

I was replying to your post