CIS double tank list with T series support

By PhoenixOfCopper, in Army Building

T-Series Tactical Droid (55 + 8 = 63)
--Electrobinoculars (8)

B1 Battle Droids (36 + 32 = 68)
--E-60R B1 Trooper (20), PK-series Worker Droid (12)

B1 Battle Droids (36 + 20 = 56)
--PK-series Worker Droid (12), Electrobinoculars (8)

B1 Battle Droids (36 + 12 = 48)
--PK-series Worker Droid (12)

B1 Battle Droids (36 + 12 = 48)
--PK-series Worker Droid (12)

B1 Battle Droids (36 + 32 = 68)
--E-60R B1 Trooper (20), PK-series Worker Droid (12)

B1 Battle Droids (36 + 20 = 56)
--PK-series Worker Droid (12), Electrobinoculars (8)

AAT Trade Federation Battle Tank (170 + 18 = 188)
--T-Series Tactical Droid Pilot (5), High-Energy Shells (8), Linked Targeting Array (5)

AAT Trade Federation Battle Tank (170 + 20 = 190)
--OOM-Series Droid Pilot (7), High-Energy Shells (8), Linked Targeting Array (5)

Commands:
Ambush (1), Mechanized Incursion (1), Orbital Strike (2), Push (2), Assault (3), Roger, Roger! (3), Standing Orders (4)

Deployments: Roll Out, The Long March, Hemmed In, Major Offensive
Objectives: Bombing Run, Payload, Intercept the Transmissions, Key Positions
Conditions: Minefield, Hostile Environment, Clear Conditions, War Weary

I was theory crafting a new AAT list and looking for others to pick it apart. Ideally the list plays as the tanks as moving cover and the t series using using its turns to buff the tanks or the rockets if armor get in range.

I've been working on double tank lists myself a lot lately, and while I like the Idea you really don’t need 6 PK Droids, you have 72 points in the list of them and they don’t even shoot.

You should only need 1 maybe 2 max. as so many missions rely on trooper units to score points and win the tanks are more of a distraction, you actually want your opponent to be shooting at them.

If you drop 3 of them you can get E5-C's on 2 of you rB1 units and you would still have 3 PK droids.

Also if you drop to only 1 PK in the list you can easily get a set of BX Snipers in the list as well.

I can guarantee you that with 6 PK Droids your opponent will simply avoid shooting at your tanks.

This is my current build I'm looking to have a game with: 2 tanks, 10 activations including Cad Bane feels like it could really put some pressure on your opponent

790/800

Cad Bane (125 + 6 = 131)

--Duck and Cover (4), Environmental Gear (2)

B1 Battle Droids (36 + 10 = 46)

--HQ Uplink (10)

B1 Battle Droids (36 + 0 = 36)

BX-Series Droid Commandos (Strike Team) (20 + 34 = 54)

--BX-Series Droid Sniper (30), Offensive Push (4)

BX-Series Droid Commandos (Strike Team) (20 + 34 = 54)

--BX-Series Droid Sniper (30), Offensive Push (4)

AAT Trade Federation Battle Tank (170 + 13 = 183)

--T-Series Tactical Droid Pilot (5), High-Energy Shells (8)

AAT Trade Federation Battle Tank (170 + 8 = 178)

--High-Energy Shells (8)

13 hours ago, Mace Windu said:

I've been working on double tank lists myself a lot lately, and while I like the Idea you really don’t need 6 PK Droids, you have 72 points in the list of them and they don’t even shoot.

You should only need 1 maybe 2 max. as so many missions rely on trooper units to score points and win the tanks are more of a distraction, you actually want your opponent to be shooting at them.

If you drop 3 of them you can get E5-C's on 2 of you rB1 units and you would still have 3 PK droids.

Also if you drop to only 1 PK in the list you can easily get a set of BX Snipers in the list as well.

I can guarantee you that with 6 PK Droids your opponent will simply avoid shooting at your tanks.

I will look at devoting points else where.

My qualifying idea for 6 repair droids is that it works on every model in this list. So even if my opponent does not shoot tanks I can heal whatever I need. This potentially brings 7 bot unit of b1s back to full health if they are dropped to just the unit leader in an early activation. Not likely or cost effective but still possible.

I hadn't really considered using them to bring B1s back, they aren't overly efficient at doing so, though I guess you could use the effect on some B2's or BX droids as well which would be solid.

I personally prefer the b2s over bx if I have the space. Now that there is the beam 2 pit for clones I think strike teams are going to get spanked alot.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Air Strike from the Clones, Obi/ani/padme cant use it, so has to be Rex or the generic commander and it doesn't have blast so if your in heavy cover its max 1 damage coming through unless they get lucky on crits.

It certainly makes the Generic clone commander more appealing as sharpshooter will trigger but you still need direct line of sight to the target as well from the commander.

Not saying its bad, far from it, but I dont think players will stop playing strike teams because of its existence, the chances of it killing a whole strike team is very low.

Edited by Mace Windu
2 hours ago, Mace Windu said:

I wouldn't be too concerned about Air Strike from the Clones, Obi/ani/padme cant use it, so has to be Rex or the generic commander and it doesn't have blast so if your in heavy cover its max 1 damage coming through unless they get lucky on crits.

It certainly makes the Generic clone commander more appealing as sharpshooter will trigger but you still need direct line of sight to the target as well from the commander.

Not saying its bad, far from it, but I dont think players will stop playing strike teams because of its existence, the chances of it killing a whole strike team is very low.

Good points