"Heroes Never Die" Mercy (Overwatch)

By swordfishson, in Rules Questions

Hi everyone, so i'm working on an Overwatch setting and need help with the Shields and Armor and translating them to Genesys. What represents Soak or Defense or is it something else?

I need this for the Heroes and Villains of the game and other character the PCs will make and interact with.

Obviously Health equals Wounds, and currently I have an idea for that, but I would be curios what y'all say about the Armor and Shields before I confirm it works

Thank you in advance for any responses, they really help.

Soak typically represents something that absorbs incoming damage, but not prevent a character from being hit. This is typically in the form of thick clothing or armor. Mechanically, soak directly reduces damage, but can be ignored by Breach and Pierce, and doesn't prevent a character from being critically injured or affected by properties such as Burn, Ensnare, poison, enemy talents/abilities, etc. Even if a character reduces all incoming damage to 0 via soak, the check is still successful and they are vulnerable to item qualities.

Defense represents anything that can directly cause an incoming combat check to fail or miss completely, typically in the form of a shield or heavy armor plate, but can also be represented by evasiveness or illusory effects. A missed combat check means a targeted character is immunized the qualities of an attack, with the exception of Blast and Guided. Additional threat can also open the attacker up to retaliatory abilities, such as Parry (Improved).

Edited by Swordbreaker