ETA 2, General Mayhem

By Archangelspiv, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Firstly, this list is highly theoretical as obtaining an ETA is harder than finding fish lips. Would I ever buy 4? Highly unlikely, but I thought I would see what I could do with 4 generics. Autoblasters aren’t as consistent as AniBlasters, but RNG is RNG. R5’s could make a hard to hit ship more survivable if you have to run and regen force, haven’t got a shot or you aren’t being shot at.

Anyways, General Mayhem ->

(41) Jedi General [Eta-2 Actis]
(4) R5 Astromech
(3) Autoblasters
(2) Brilliant Evasion

(4) R5 Astromech
(3) Autoblasters
(2) Brilliant Evasion

(4) R5 Astromech
(3) Autoblasters
(2) Brilliant Evasion

(4) R5 Astromech
(3) Autoblasters
(2) Brilliant Evasion

Total points: 200

I like the list, however I think auto blasters is deadweight if you don't have a way to get crits either marksmanship or the droid.

I would think either getting rid of the auto blasters and up grading one of the generals to a named or just have a large bid.

however I have a love hate relationship with green dice, so the more I can have the better.

I have used the below a few times and found it fun and simple.

Jedi General (41)
Stealth Device (8)

Ship total: 49 Half Points: 25 Threshold: 2

Jedi General (41)
Stealth Device (8)

Jedi General (41)
Stealth Device (8)

Jedi General (41)
Stealth Device (8)

Total: 196

This is just built on the idea of you can't hit me, I may not do much back but if I am not getting hit all the better.

the thing I found is having to take evade and having only one force meant minimal use of the ships ability, which does feel like a waste.

I am planning to use a more offensive version, as I find the ion cannon very useful, makes it a 3 attack ship. see below.

Jedi General (41)
Brilliant Evasion (2)
Ion Cannon (6)

Jedi General (41)
Brilliant Evasion (2)
Ion Cannon (6)

Jedi General (41)
Brilliant Evasion (2)
Ion Cannon (6)

Jedi General (41)
Brilliant Evasion (2)
Ion Cannon (6)

Total: 196

once you get a ship ionned it is very easy to block or get bulls eyes lined up, and even against swarms one ionned ship my cripple their formation.

I dunno about the R5 droids. I think I’d rather make sure they’re not getting shot than trying to help them survive a hit. I’m also kind of meh on the Autoblasters. So dropping all of that gives you 28 points to work with, and I think I’d start by upgrading one or two of those generics to higher-initiative uniques. Higher initiative = better arc-dodging, less call for the R5’s. I think I’d start with Anakin & Obi-Wan in their Eta-2’s. Their synergy really is good. More useful than I’d anticipated.

My go to list is Ani, Obi and Aayla atm. I was seeing what I could do with the generics.

This is what I am running for a ANi and Obi list.

it has been very green dice reliant at times, but I have had a few games where I have taken 0 damage.

however other times where I lost very quickly due to one bad roll and bombs are a real hazard.

you could replace ric with another eta maybe aayla secura with brilliant evasion. but I just prefer RIC with a big bid.

Anakin Skywalker (Eta-2) (56)
Brilliant Evasion (2)
Marksmanship (1)
Autoblasters (3)
R7-A7 (3)
Stealth Device (8)
Ship total: 73 Half Points: 37 Threshold: 2

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Eta-2) (49)
Brilliant Evasion (2)
Predator (2)
Ion Cannon (6)
Stealth Device (8)
Ship total: 67 Half Points: 34 Threshold: 2

Ric Olié (45)
Daredevil (2)
R2 Astromech (5)
Ship total: 52 Half Points: 26 Threshold: 3

Total: 192

I call mine Four Star Generals. The extra health can be a life saver. Brilliant Evasion triggers rarely, but i see it as an insurance upgrade. In any case, 2 Force + Evade + 3 Agility is very hard to hit. My opponents are usually frustrated by the end of the game.

=== Four Star Generals ===

Jedi General (41)
Brilliant Evasion (2)
Hull Upgrade (7)

Ship total: 50 Half Points: 25 Threshold: 2

Jedi General (41)
Brilliant Evasion (2)
Hull Upgrade (7)

Jedi General (41)
Brilliant Evasion (2)
Hull Upgrade (7)

Jedi General (41)
Brilliant Evasion (2)
Hull Upgrade (7)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Republic&d=v8ZsZ200Z436X199WWW164Y436X199WWW164Y436X199WWW164Y436X199WWW164&sn=Four Star General&obs=

=== END Four Star Generals ===

Better yet. How about Ion Cannon for 3-dice attack and Targeting Computer for better Force management?

Jedi General (41)
Ion Cannon (6)
Targeting Computer (3)

Jedi General (41)
Ion Cannon (6)
Targeting Computer (3)

Jedi General (41)
Ion Cannon (6)
Targeting Computer (3)

Jedi General (41)
Ion Cannon (6)
Targeting Computer (3)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Republic&d=v8ZsZ200Z436XW11WW249Y436XW11WW249Y436XW11WW249Y436XW11WW249&sn=New Squadron&obs=