Admiral Calkins' Clone Wars Squadrons

By Admiral Calkins, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

Finally getting around to painting my Clone Wars squadrons, so I figured I would post the results before the forums closed down.

9vaPwKU.jpg

JZO8O5l.jpg

ephUBcg.jpg

The Vulture-class Droid Fighter Squadrons were the first on the Separatist assembly line. I primed all the squadrons in Chaos Black, layered them in Fenrisian Grey, and provided a coat of Contrast Black Templar; Khorne Red was used for the sensors. I used Leadbelcher as the layer for the Aces to distinguish them from the generics. I think they turned out pretty good, with the unevenness of the contrast paint looking close enough to the stripes on some Vulture Droids at a distance (as my skills as a painter are not quite good enough to do for each miniature).

f9bpIeb.jpg

jiOg7JX.jpg

bjxAAWD.jpg

I got the Hyena-class Droid Bomber Squadrons completed tonight. I primed all the squadrons in Chaos Black, layered them in Dawnstone, and washed them in Nuln Oil; as with the Vulture Droids, Khorne Red was used for the sensors. I used Leadbelcher on the wings for one of the uniques and Averland Sunset for the other. Again, I was very happy with how they came out, as they look pretty uniform.