Bind questions: Minions, Mastery upgrade, etc.

By Bellona, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

I have a rather basic question which I'm pretty sure has already been answered somewhere. If so, would someone please point me at the answer before the forums die on us? :)

Question: do Minion groups count as a single entity or as their component entities when subjected to Force powers like Bind and its upgrades? In other words, is basic Bind enough to Immobilise a Minion group or does the user need several Magnitude upgrades and Force pips to do so?

The basic Bind power doesn't even let Minions and regular Rivals to resist it (only PCs, Nemeses, and plot-important named Rivals may do so). Bind's Mastery upgrade - the Dark Side version of which, at no extra Force pip cost, deals an automatic critical injury to those affected by the basic Bind power - allows Minions and regular Rivals the chance to resist the effects of the Mastery upgrade.

If I've understood correctly: the powerful characters (PCs, Nemeses, plot-important named Rivals) can resist the basic Bind power, and if they do so successfully then they're automatically not subject to the Mastery or other upgrades. The less powerful characters (Minions and regular Rivals) have no chance to resist the basic Bind power and some other upgrades, but they do get a chance to resist the Mastery upgrade.

Bonus Bind question with regard to the Dark Side version of the Mastery upgrade: if the Mastery upgrade successfully affects several targets, is the critical injury rolled separately for each target or do they all receive the same critical injury?

There might be some other permutations/ramifications which I haven't considered, and I would be happy to hear about them too.

31 minutes ago, Bellona said:

If so, would someone please point me at the answer before the forums die on us? :)

Question: do Minion groups count as a single entity or as their component entities when subjected to Force powers like Bind and its upgrades?

31 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Bonus Bind question with regard to the Dark Side version of the Mastery upgrade: if the Mastery upgrade successfully affects several targets, is the critical injury rolled separately for each target or do they all receive the same critical injury?

I would say this is entirely up to you, but it may make narrative sense if they are all afflicted with the same affect.

14 minutes ago, SufficientlyAdvancedMoronics said:

I would say this is entirely up to you, but it may make narrative sense if they are all afflicted with the same affect.

Thank you for the link - it was useful to get the various points of view on that question. :)