Arkham Investigators

By Jaync, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

So, I have the Investigators of Arkham book and the other day I was looking for Wini's entry but I couldn't find her. I looked again and I'm pretty sure that she's not there. I was under the impression that all of the investigators in FFG's arkham universe (across all of their games) were in the book. Am I wrong in that assumption or is FFG starting to create new investigators that we haven't seen in previous AH games?

The latter: FFG is starting to create investigators that have not existed in other games. I think several of the Starter decks were brand new, like everyone except Jackie and Harvey. Additionally, they released after that book came out, I think.

I believe all investigators that existed at the time the book was published are in there. Nathaniel, Wini and Stella were created after the book was written so I assume that none of them have stories (I don’t have the book to check).

Before that, I think Sefina was the newest investigator to join the Arkham Files universe?

Winifred Habbamock, Stella Clarke and Nathaniel Cho are all brand new, never-before released investigators. Sefina Rousseau first appeared in the LCG before being released in Eldritch Horror. Calvin Wright and Daniela Reyes likewise were late releases, appearing first in the Masks of Nyarlathotep expansion to Eldritch Horror before Calvin was released in the LCG (Daniela is not yet out for the LCG but is available in Mansions of Madness, and both of them are in the Arkham Horror 3e core set).

None of these investigators have short stories in the Investigators of Arkham Horror book, though there are brief pieces of fiction on the rules and strategy inserts for the five Starter investigators, and Calvin and Daniela had special short stories in the deluxe Arkham Horror 3e boardgame rulebook.

Calvin Wright did appear in the Arkham Horror 2e board game as a special character for the campaign leagues, but he was a lot less interesting in that iteration (and was another white guy rather than a gay POC).

The designers have indicated that they have a number of other potential characters "in the wings" ready to be added to Arkham Files in addition to the existing investigators, so I don't expect Wini, Stella and Nathaniel to be the last new faces in the roster - how many of those unused investigator ideas were worked out with Nikki Valens before they left FFG, and how many are instead more like vague outlines or newer inventions by later designers, is not clear.

Oh okay, that is making a lot more sense. Also good to know that they are inventing new ones so once they run out of existing characters they can continue making new people.

49 minutes ago, Allonym said:

Winifred Habbamock, Stella Clarke and Nathaniel Cho are all brand new, never-before released investigators. Sefina Rousseau first appeared in the LCG before being released in Eldritch Horror. Calvin Wright and Daniela Reyes likewise were late releases, appearing first in the Masks of Nyarlathotep expansion to Eldritch Horror before Calvin was released in the LCG (Daniela is not yet out for the LCG but is available in Mansions of Madness, and both of them are in the Arkham Horror 3e core set).

None of these investigators have short stories in the Investigators of Arkham Horror book, though there are brief pieces of fiction on the rules and strategy inserts for the five Starter investigators, and Calvin and Daniela had special short stories in the deluxe Arkham Horror 3e boardgame rulebook.

Calvin Wright did appear in the Arkham Horror 2e board game as a special character for the campaign leagues, but he was a lot less interesting in that iteration (and was another white guy rather than a gay POC).

The designers have indicated that they have a number of other potential characters "in the wings" ready to be added to Arkham Files in addition to the existing investigators, so I don't expect Wini, Stella and Nathaniel to be the last new faces in the roster - how many of those unused investigator ideas were worked out with Nikki Valens before they left FFG, and how many are instead more like vague outlines or newer inventions by later designers, is not clear.

Before them Agatha Crane, Carson Sinclair, Father Mateo, & Preston Fairmont were created for Mansions of Madness 2nd Ed. They might have been in time for the Investigators of AH, though.

Calvin Wright and Daniela Reyes have their entries in the Third Edition boardgame Deluxe Rulebook.

I've been dying for a Sefina story since she was created. Someone write a novella already!

2 hours ago, Soakman said:

I've been dying for a Sefina story since she was created. Someone write a novella already!

Agreed.

So as a final hats off to you Soakman, one of my favorite fan made content creators, I have a little something for you.
We recently started watching Monk again and although he is not in any way tied to Arkham, I couldn’t resist creating an investigator for him. So here is my take on Adrian Monk if he were an Arkham Investigator.

Adrian Monk The Sleuth Cursed

Seeker 2 5 2 2

9 health 5 sanity

Deck building Cards: Seeker 0-2; Neutral 0-5; Traits 0-5: Police, Insight, Innate

Signature Permanent: “Here’s what happened...” For every 4 clues you discover, place one resource on this card as an “insight”. Reaction: After you successfully investigate your location, you may spend one “insight” to receive an additional clue.

Signature card: Natalie Ally 0 3 If Natalie is in play, horror must be placed on her before your investigator card. You receive +1 will for every horror on Natalie

Signature Weakness Permanent: “It’s a Jungle out There” Forced: After drawing your opening hand shuffle the 3 bonded Disorder and Confusion phobias into your deck. Do not count toward deck size.

Disorder and Confusion: (phobia) “Wipes!” Revelation Forced: During your turn, as your first action, you need to clean your hands. Discard “Wipes

Disorder and Confusion: (phobia) “It has to be even!”
Revelation: Put in your threat area. Choose one. If neither apply, this card stays in your threat area until one applies and it must immediately be resolved.
Lightening: If the shroud at your location is an odd number, take a horror. Discard “It has to be even”.

Lightening: If you have an odd number of clues, place one on your location. “Discard “It has to be even!”

Disorder and Confusion: (phobia) “Pay Natalie!”
Revelation: Spend 3 resources to pay Natalie. Discard “Pay Natalie” If you cannot and Natalie is in play, discard Natalie. Discard “Pay Natalie”. If you cannot and Natalie is not in play, shuffle this card back into your deck.

Edited by Mimi61