Another game system gone..

By stuh42asl, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

Having collected since the SWA came out, and a player of X-Wing. I have to say that closing a forum down and getting rid of your best staff will be a death sentence. I have been a gamer for over 35 years.. and to be honest when a company sell to another usually that is the end of the production line. I have given up on so many game systems just for this reason, the new company almost always destroys the original concept and the game then dies off. No difference here, people will drift off to find another company with good support, product and a fan base.

RIP

Shane

Armada has been dead before.

In all seriousness though, there is a strong enough player base to maintain the game without a company supporting it should Atomic Mass Games drop the ball.

Not to mention that there is a solid enough group creating fan-made content, and more than enough 3d modelers out there to take the game safely into a bright future.

I still play many games, at conventions, that have been "dead" for decades.

The "Sparks" gaming society has been running a living campaign for D6 Star Wars for over 10 years. The last several years have seen them incorporate the X-wing system into the events they run. I don't imagine Armada is too far behind.

For now, I will give AMG the benefit of the doubt, at least for 2-3 more waves.

Not to mention, Armada, X-wing & Legion are still top 5 selling miniatures games, if I'm not mistaken. Armada is going to be harder to kill than you think.

Is Atomic Mass Games acquiring FFG really the death knell here? They released the Clone Wars fighters and starter sets less than a month ago. Star Wars is a franchise that should really do nothing but make money.

guys, Armada Clone Wars is selling like mad. They would be fools not to continue producing this. Plus they have stated that they do not want to drop Armada, Legion, and X-wing, and there was just a leak about a new Legion expansion. I respect that others have been following table top gaming longer than me, but I think there is plenty of evidence to conclude that Armada still has a lotta fight left in it. 🙂

On 1/3/2021 at 11:30 AM, stuh42asl said:

Having collected since the SWA came out, and a player of X-Wing. I have to say that closing a forum down and getting rid of your best staff will be a death sentence. I have been a gamer for over 35 years.. and to be honest when a company sell to another usually that is the end of the production line. I have given up on so many game systems just for this reason, the new company almost always destroys the original concept and the game then dies off. No difference here, people will drift off to find another company with good support, product and a fan base.

RIP

Shane

It's not sold, it is the parent company, Asmodee choosing to move it to a different studio (with some of the team moving with the games)

While it feels weird, it isn't the same as a company selling off it's IP or losing a licence (like what happened to the BSG game recently)

Imgur's reaction when people post selfies - GIF on Imgur