Crab duelist

By FelixFenix, in Rules Questions

For one of our Winter Court Sessions one of the players wanted to play a duelist from our Crab Delegation. I have no idea which Crab School can do this , so I’m asking you, which of the Crab Schools can duel the best? Maybe the Hida who could withstand a lot of punishment, or Hiruma with his stance dancing?

Crab clan right now has the best starting duelists of Rokugan.

They can easily get to Composure 12 start of the game and even if a duel is to first blood, a Ceremonial Robe and rank 1 can reduce the severity before rolling by 2 of a finishing blow. Assuming you are using the house rule of incrementing deadliness by 5 instead of doubling it, that means a Hida Bushi of Rank 1 can survive an agonizing death more easily.

Also, the Hiruma can stance dance by choosing Void, for instance for striking and going Air or Earth for defense and back again.

Thanks man and Happy New Year!!!

You too, whatever time zone you are 😂

Heheh thanks I just celebrated the count down (I’m Eastern Daylight Saving or whatever it’s called)

Well your info gives him more options. He thought that maybe he was going to start as a Kakita or Mirumoto who married into the Crab.

I mean, that could work. But Composure wise, the best way to get to Earth 3, Water 3 is picking Crab or Lion. Crab start with Earth 2 and Hida can push to Earth 3. Any Earth gain becomes a choice to a different Ring. Hiruma can start with Earth 2 and Water 2. As long as the school gives a rank to either Ring, they can use their free one to go to the other. Finally, their school abilities work really good in duels. Specially if you are a Hida Defender and convince the termos of the duel to be fought in full armor. Just watch the Kakita weep trying to crit you.