SW Sheets and Online Play

By oh_grapes, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

So SW Sheets doesn't let you see the specs you've chosen. So, if I was to make a character with that service, (and I'm playing entirely online) what would I use for the specs? I'm thinking about just having the players print out the specs themselves, but I want to know if their is a better way to incorporate it into SW Sheets.

Thanks in advance,

Grapes

4 hours ago, oh_grapes said:

So SW Sheets doesn't let you see the specs you've chosen. So, if I was to make a character with that service, (and I'm playing entirely online) what would I use for the specs? I'm thinking about just having the players print out the specs themselves, but I want to know if their is a better way to incorporate it into SW Sheets.

Thanks in advance,

Grapes

I just use either PDFs made by @RLogue177 (which you can find here ), or printouts of that same resource. I then denote in the "Notes" section of the sheet which talents I have picked up by denoting their grid coordinates. 1-4 and A-E, so A1, B1, B2, C2, D2, etc.

By the way, @RLogue177 , I can't thank you enough for those sheets. They are an awesome resource, especially when you are playing remotely with people who don't have the books because you are just introducing them to the game.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

By the way, @RLogue177 , I can't thank you enough for those sheets. They are an awesome resource, especially when you are playing remotely with people who don't have the books because you are just introducing them to the game.

Thank you! I believe I will be uploading them to drivethrurpg under the Genesys heading. No charge for them ever. Just always there to download.

14 hours ago, RLogue177 said:

Thank you! I believe I will be uploading them to drivethrurpg under the Genesys heading. No charge for them ever. Just always there to download.

If you do put them there, please leave a link here so that we can find them (or at least do so before the forums die here).

49 minutes ago, oh_grapes said:

@RLogue177 , really like the green/tan character sheets. Do the PDFs for the character sheets have built in check boxes like the this file? ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/yw5dg7d9920qkkl/Force-and-Destiny-Character-Sheet-Form-Fillable-v2.pdf?dl=0 )

EDIT: I see that you've added additional talent trees to each class. if I were to use them, how would I? And what is the signature ability?

Those "additional talent trees" are from the Specialization supplement books. You use them just like any other spec, though some of the talents can be misleading without the ability to reference the long text found in the Talents section of their corresponding supplement.

53 minutes ago, oh_grapes said:

And what is the signature ability?

Signature Abilities are extremely powerful abilities only available to those who started in that career. You "attach" them to a spec from the career by purchasing the talents on the 25XP row that the arrows above the Signature Ability point to, then purchasing the Signature Ability.

So to attach the Consular ability "Much to Learn" to the Consular spec "Arbiter," you'd need to buy your way all the way down to Force Rating and Aggressive Negotiations, then you could spend the 30 XP to attach the Signature Ability to the bottom of that tree and build through it similar to a Force power.

Does that help?

I just keep track of my talents purchased like this in the notes section:

Niman Disciple
X|X|X|X
X|X|X|X
X|X|X|X
O|X|O|X
X|X|X|X

Sage
O|O|X|O
O|O|X|O
O|O|O|O
O|O|O|O
O|O|O|O

4 hours ago, oh_grapes said:

@RLogue177 , really like the green/tan character sheets. Do the PDFs for the character sheets have built in check boxes like the this file? ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/yw5dg7d9920qkkl/Force-and-Destiny-Character-Sheet-Form-Fillable-v2.pdf?dl=0 )

EDIT: I see that you've added additional talent trees to each class. if I were to use them, how would I? And what is the signature ability?

None of my sheets are form fillable. I basically put them together in Photoshop and smashed down into single sheet.

Im pretty old school as a GM. I print off everything. So the players have hard copies at the table of their character sheets and whatever. I had no need to make these form fillable.

That being said, i know that's a pretty popular request. At some point I'll try remaking them all in Publisher or InDesign or something. Then they can be form fillable and nicer over all.

P-47 answered your other questions nicely. Thanks, 'bolt!

On 12/30/2020 at 3:28 PM, oh_grapes said:

Thanks in advance,

Grapes

Another option you could look into is RPG Sessions . I think it has a lot of the features you are looking for, including being able to fill out and view talent trees.

https://rpgsessions.com

A question just accrued to me. What book are the Signature abilities come in?

Each career book has three new Specialization trees and two Signature Abilities for that career.

2 hours ago, oh_grapes said:

A question just accrued to me. What book are the Signature abilities come in?

What rogue_09 said. The only outliers are the Clone and the Jedi signature abilities which are in the second Clone Wars book ( Collapse of the Republic ). There's only one signature ability for each of those two particular careers.

And the Jedi career is also an outlier in that it only has 4 specializations. (Some might argue that it opens the Jedi career up for customization by adding two specs from a FaD career, such as Shadow and Shien, or Healer and Niman, etc. Or even three specs if one considers the General spec in CotR to be too much of an oddity.) The Clone and Jedi specs are split between Rise of the Separatists and CotR. Both books also have some universal specs, as does Dawn of Rebellion (the Rogue One film and Rebels series sourcebook).

@RLogue177 , on your green and tan character sheet, unless I'm mistaking the circles next to the skills for something else, I see that you've given us the option of having 7 ranks in a skill. Why is this? (I only have the FaD CRB and the Dawn of Rebellion sourcebook)

Edited by oh_grapes
2 hours ago, oh_grapes said:

@RLogue177 , on your green and tan character sheet, unless I'm mistaking the circles next to the skills for something else, I see that you've given us the option of having 7 ranks in a skill. Why is this? (I only have the FaD CRB and the Dawn of Rebellion sourcebook)

The extra bubbles are just for general purpose. For my PCs, I fill them in with the colors of the dice so my players know what their pool is quickly. Some talents can permanently give you blue boost dice to a skill, so I have a couple extra bubbles available for that sort of thing.

Currently, I have the links posted on the SWRPGCommunity website.

Come create a user account and have fun.

https://forum.swrpgcommunity.com/