Interdictor and cymoon

By Sobonis01, in Star Wars: Armada Fleet Builds

This is something I have been thinking about for awhile, using a interdictor as a tank someone to shoot threw and to toss around obstacles and objectives. Than using Romodi to get a extra dice. Using the parts supply vs coms net might be worth it as I am not forcing the flotilla to just be a token monkey. It can do squadrons it can confire, and still pass out tokens. As the isd will need them for the fleet command and the interdictor needs them for repair. Then sovereign the token into what ever you need. Hondo to give you a token in a pinch and ms1 to exhaust apt or Ecm or acm.
Interdictor
Author: Sobonis01

Faction: Galactic Empire
Commander: General Romodi

Assault Objective: Rift Assault
Defense Objective: Contested Outpost
Navigation Objective: Dangerous Territory

Interdictor-class Suppression Refit (90 points)
- Interdictor ( 3 points)
- Captain Brunson ( 9 points)
- Auxiliary Shields Team ( 3 points)
- Disposable Capacitors ( 3 points)
- MS-1 Ion Cannons ( 2 points)
- Grav Shift Reroute ( 2 points)
- Targeting Scrambler ( 5 points)
= 117 total ship cost

[ flagship ] Imperial Star Destroyer Cymoon 1 Refit (112 points)
- General Romodi ( 20 points)
- Sovereign ( 4 points)
- Gunnery Team ( 7 points)
- Reserve Hangar Deck ( 3 points)
- Spinal Armament ( 9 points)
- Linked Turbolaser Towers ( 7 points)
- Intensify Firepower! ( 6 points)
= 168 total ship cost

Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54 points)
- Linked Turbolaser Towers ( 7 points)
= 61 total ship cost

Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 points)
- Hondo Ohnaka ( 2 points)
- Reserve Hangar Deck ( 3 points)
- Munitions Resupply ( 3 points)
= 31 total ship cost

2 TIE Interceptor Squadrons ( 22 points)
= 22 total squadron cost

I run a Piett ISD2/Interdictor/double Gozanti with a small fighter wing and I find the pairing of the ISD and Interdictor to be a good one. Interesting idea using the Interdictor as your tank. I think you may run up against it a bit if you get your brace accuracied.

I took my fleet up against a separatist fleet last night and my fighters (Howlrunner, Mauler Mithel, 2 X Tie-Int, 3 x Reserve Hangar Bays) barely held the line against their fighters.

I think you might struggle against a heavy fighter wing. Munificents are a pain and very effective carriers.

Otherwise the Romodi/Cymoon combo is always a fun one. just not sure if it goes well with the Interdictor...

That is a concern that fighters can be my undoing I would feel normally that I can always try to kill the carrier or flack while the fighter wing dies horrible then comes back to life. But not so sure atm. I count on the brace getting acc, that is why I put Brunson on it and the scramber. Plus with a good way to feed it tokens I can repair for 8 each turn which is 4 shields or 2 hull and a shield. Then with reroute just put stuff in front of the interdictor and block one shot, than unexhust Brunson with the title.