Any sign of the Eta-2 in UK stores yet?

By GuacCousteau, in X-Wing

As per the title, basically.

The release of the Eta-2 was delayed in the UK, and though the V-Wings, Tri-Fighters etc made it into most of the shops I tend to use, I've still not seen anyone carrying the Eta-2.

Has anyone seen it in physical stores maybe? Or does anyone know of an online store that has information about when they might actually be getting stock in?

I ordered one from Travelling Man a couple weeks ago and got it no problem, but it looks like they've sold out now.
So some have been making it to the UK, at least.

Is it just that they didn't get them, or that they sold old super quick? I know stateside they are the most popular expansion in this wave, and have sold out at many retailers.

My local shop in Coventry managed to get a few. I got one each of the Eta-2 and V-Wings, and there may be some left.

I have not sen any in Denmark yet either.

Chaos Cards randomly got 3 in stock just before Christmas, but didn't have any on release.

Seems they are just trickling through, and hopefully when the whole wave gets restocked we'll see them properly.

21 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

Is it just that they didn't get them, or that they sold old super quick? I know stateside they are the most popular expansion in this wave, and have sold out at many retailers.

Sounds like some people have been able to find them, but they never appeared in any of the places I checked regularly. One of them still lists them as pre-orders, two of them don't have them listed at all. One place has both the out of stock and pre-order tags on them, which is confusing - normally it's one or the other.

6 hours ago, InterceptorMad said:

Seems they are just trickling through, and hopefully when the whole wave gets restocked we'll see them properly.

Yeah, sounds like this is the case. Frustrating, as Darkstar games has just got the MC-30 in for Armada, which is the first time I've seen one in stock anywhere in I think over a year of looking. I kinda want to get all my stuff done in one order, so I'd like to include the Eta-2. But if we tick into the new year and there's still no sign of it, I might just have to grab the MC-30 and keep waiting.

My LGS has never had any, the online store I use as a back up is marked at sold out also. I put in an order for my birthday in early November, 2 weeks later received an email saying there will be a delay. That was 7-8 weeks ago and still no ETA’s in my area.

In southern Australia btw.

Yeah I grabbed the ETA-2 (two of them) as soon as ChaosCards had them, but they didn't have the rest of the wave in stock anymore. So I'm now a rare person who has the ETA but none of the rest of the wave lol (aside a V-Wing my mate generously got me for xmas)

Now waiting on the full restock, plus the HMP Gunship too.

Release of the past few waves has been a bit of a hassle to be honest. Hotshots and Aces is still a hugely absent expansion on the Polish market. ETA Wave has been delayed, but we had an early pre-order at our local store, so that's sorted.

I really don't understand the lack of goods. Clearly there is a demand for more. Is it just the problem of initial release hype and later stagnation of sales?

On 12/29/2020 at 6:03 PM, GuacCousteau said:

As per the title, basically.

The release of the Eta-2 was delayed in the UK, and though the V-Wings, Tri-Fighters etc made it into most of the shops I tend to use, I've still not seen anyone carrying the Eta-2.

Has anyone seen it in physical stores maybe? Or does anyone know of an online store that has information about when they might actually be getting stock in?

Been and gone I think. I got 3.