armor master question

By worldeater08, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

probably answered somewhere in here but cant find it anywhere does armor master from say Gadgeteer and death watch stack or is it i have it once from one tree so the other doesnt matter thanks in advance

Armor Master is not a ranked talent, which means you cannot get multiple copies of it. Once you have purchased it, you simply skip over any of its listings on other trees.

awesome thats what i thought or it would be absolutely broken thank you for the clarification

11 hours ago, worldeater08 said:

awesome thats what i thought or it would be absolutely broken thank you for the clarification

Well, it would be no more broken than Enduring, which simply increases Soak by rank and doesn't care whether you are wearing armor or not. I've seen a moderately experienced droid with Enduring 4 on top of Brawn 3 and some upgraded heavy armor boasting a Soak of 10 with Cortosis. Yeah, that was probably only going to keep going up too.

19 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Armor Master is not a ranked talent, which means you cannot get multiple copies of it. Once you have purchased it, you simply skip over any of its listings on other trees.

Oh, you can actually skip over a non-ranked talent? I may have overspent on a few characters in that case...

14 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

Oh, you can actually skip over a non-ranked talent? I may have overspent on a few characters in that case...

Yes. Assuming you already had the talent.

32 minutes ago, kaosoe said:

Yes. Assuming you already had the talent.

Is that in the books or an FAQ someplace?

13 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

Is that in the books or an FAQ someplace?

EotE CRB pg. 128, "Talent Ranks and Purchasing the Same Talent Multiple Times".

Same section, AoR CRB pg. 140 and F&D CRB pg. 136

Edited by salamar_dree
4 hours ago, SuperWookie said:

I didn't know that either

These threads are why a company needs a place to have these kind of threads. Product promotion and clarification for free.

8 hours ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

I didn't know that either

Right? Now I can look at spec combos in completely different light now!

12 hours ago, salamar_dree said:

EotE CRB pg. 128, "Talent Ranks and Purchasing the Same Talent Multiple Times".

Same section, AoR CRB pg. 140 and F&D CRB pg. 136

Holy stuff Batman! I did not know that.

Yep, always read the fine print. ;)

You never know what the lawyers snuck in there...