The Abandon button fails forward. GREAT IDEA.

By Hand of Osiris, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Mansions of Madness is my favorite game and I got this game for the holidays. I enjoyed playing the first 5 Adventures which took my 12 - 15 hours. Then my son accidently starts the 6th Adventure without selecting equipment or skills. So before we even take a single move, we ABANDON the adventure thinking that is a restart. NOPE A FAIL FORWARD. WTH. Now I can never play the 6th Adventure. The RESTART BUTTON IS ON THE MISSION selection and "Restarting" just restarts the 7th Adventure. It is not about losing. It is about NOT GETTING TO EVER PLAY THE 6th Adventure. I have no desire to read a book and just skip a few chapters and then read the end of the book. Same with this game. WHAT THE HECK IS THE USEAGE OF THIS BUTTON ANYWAYS? If you are getting your beep handed to you, it will be over soon anyways. You didn't even include a pop-up "Are you sure" window with a big RED EXCLAMATION allowing me to cancel the Abandon. There is no use case for this. Now I have to REDO 12-15 hours of game time. THIS IS UNFORGIVEABLE.

Oh my. I’m afraid that campaign style games are not your thing. In order to enjoy them, you can’t look at your play time as wasting time. There will always be disappointments. That being said, I totally agree that they should update the app to warn you. I’m always a bit surprised when I hit “save and quit” and there is no dialogue box. Makes hitting the wrong button a little too easy. Maybe they’ll change that in a future update.

Unforgivable?

Surely you can't be serious...

Edited by doubletapdaddy