Norra(Ywing)+VTG

By Ccwebb, in X-Wing Rules Questions

The new squad app does not show that Norra(Ywing), with a turret, can select VTG. Or, I was somehow able to get it selected, but now have a warning message saying it is illegal.

However I can pair them together under YASB.

What am I missing?

Edited by Ccwebb
Spelling

The new squad builder app has some issues regarding equipping cards with requirements, that are not part of the original base ship. If an upgrade (like Veteran Turret Gunner) requires the Rotate Arc action, and that action is only provided by equipping a turret (like Dorsal Turret), the official app sometimes doesn't consider the build to be legal. This is a flaw. The unofficial squad builders like YASB and Launch Bay Next, while unofficial, do better reflect this quirk in upgrade legality.

There's a SLIGHT gray area when it comes to mixing dual/flippable cards, like a T-65 X-Wing's S-Foils, with upgrades like Daredevil, but I think the general consensus is that the dual card does still fulfill the requirement for the talent.

Edited by emeraldbeacon

Thank you!

3 hours ago, emeraldbeacon said:

This is a flaw

Maybe. We are all assuming it is a flaw. It could be possible, however unlikely, that its a rules change AMG is implementing and hasn't said anything officially. Only thing we can do is wait for them to address it. Either by updating the app to allow it, or releasing some kind of statement saying 'working as intended'.

Nah. Even if we were to give the benefit of the doubt that AMG is masterminding a rules change that invalidates the build, they have not yet implemented that rules update. Either way the app is wrong and there is a flaw that needs to be corrected

1 hour ago, Maui. said:

Nah. Even if we were to give the benefit of the doubt that AMG is masterminding a rules change that invalidates the build, they have not yet implemented that rules update. Either way the app is wrong and there is a flaw that needs to be corrected

They havent done much of anything yet. Granted, it seems like FFG is responsible for the latest builder update (as their logo is still on it). I'm not saying it IS a rules change, that there is merit for it to be. If nothing else, there is more merit for dual sided cards not applying their effects until the Gather forces step (and thus, not actually adding actions to the ship action bar until then). If true, then its likely that, they made the change intending to be for the dual sided cards, and its an error that its affecting ALL cards with action bar additions to them. So, kind of a mix of both?

Who knows at this point. As other have said though. At this moment in time, it matters little. There are not many live events going on right now so were all pretty much playing fully casually, so we play it how we are used to playing it until we hear otherwise. I guess all im saying is, don't completely rule out the possibility.