What to buy first???

By Suregibson777, in Army Building

I just got some cash and I’ve wanted to get into legion but wanna get the most bang for my buck. I keep seeing people say buy two core sets instead of expansions but are they saying buy two of the same? Or buy set 1 and 2? Also is 1 or 2 a better set or is it just different characters? And are all expansions playable it’s each set? Like can I buy core set 1 can I use the darth maul character?

On 12/25/2020 at 6:14 PM, Suregibson777 said:

I just got some cash and I’ve wanted to get into legion but wanna get the most bang for my buck. I keep seeing people say buy two core sets instead of expansions but are they saying buy two of the same? Or buy set 1 and 2? Also is 1 or 2 a better set or is it just different characters? And are all expansions playable it’s each set? Like can I buy core set 1 can I use the darth maul character?

First thing you should do, as a new player, is pick only one faction at the start. I went with Clones and centered my purchases around that faction. You'll want your 2 core sets to be the same as the first one has only Rebels and Empire while the second has Clones and Droids. If you can find a friend that wants to get into the game each of you can buy one core set and trade the faction you're not playing to each other. Buying 2 core sets is more economical than just buying 1 and the expansions that would make up a second core set. Expansions are faction limited so, with the example of Darth Maul you gave, he can only be used by the Separatists. I think there is just one expansion that is a dual faction, R2-D2 and C3PO, in the Crashed Drop Pod.