Forums to Join

By Sturn, in Genesys

There are two FFG/Edge Star Wars fan forums that are accepting members. They have both added sections for Genesys and I've noticed a few esteemed members headed their way:

Community Boards (legendsofthegalaxy.com) Legends of the Galaxy. Oggdude visits there. I'm not sure who the administrator is on these forums? NicoJMont is the administrator.

mySWRPG Forum - Index page mySWRPG. Nytwyng, long term member here, started up this one.

Edited by Sturn
On 12/25/2020 at 7:29 PM, Sturn said:

Community Boards (legendsofthegalaxy.com) Legends of the Galaxy. Oggdude visits there. I'm not sure who the administrator is on these forums?

NicoJMont is the administrator's name on these forums. He's made some recent posts here.

There are some pretty nice replacement forums for Star Wars. And, as I've noted above, at least one has opened up threads for Genesys. But, the Genesys portions aren't seeming to catch on yet. They are dwarfed by the Star Wars sections, which is fair since those newer forums are all about Star Wars.

I can't seem to find a Genesys-specific forum anywhere that is of either heavy traffic or modern quality. By forum, I mean forum. I'm not interested in Redditt, Discord, Facebook, etc (well I'm interested, but I also want actual discussion threads).

Anyone know of a better Genesys forum? I've only found a couple with hardly any traffic or they aren't dedicated to Genesys specifically.

Honestly, there's not a lot of traffic here or on the subreddit. It doesn't surprise me that there's not a lot of traffic elsewhere.

Boardgamegeek's forums [EDIT: for Genesys] last updated over 2 years ago. RPG.net seems to have a somewhat active community, but nothing specifically dedicated to Genesys. There seems to be tag associated with it.

Edited by Swordbreaker

Is there interest enough (here) for a basic forum dedicated solely to Genesys and the Foundry if someone created it? Would creating a basic forum with a free service be worth it?