Bossk and his YV-666 clarifications on his fire arc

By topacesteve, in X-Wing Rules Questions

Hello, since Bossk has a 180 deg. firing arc, does it mean he cannot play cards with forward firing arc requirements ?

like Snapshot for instance? or Fearless ???

Also which Elite Pilot Upgrade would you consider the best for him? (i would say Trick Shot)

Edited by topacesteve
correction

Correct.

However, Snapshot is a special weapon so it still works but only in the specified V arc.

I like Marksmanship. It’s actually pretty easy to proc on swarms. Aces not so much but it’s only 1 point.

It really depends on what the card is asking.

Snapshot is fine because its a separate weapon.

Fearless is looking for a front arc Primary, which the YV-666 does not have. Outmaneuver isnt restricted to the Primary weapon, so while it doesnt work on his Primary, if he had a Canon with a Front arc (such as an Ion Cannon) that he used for the attack, it would work with that.

Basically, its situational. The only thing we can say with certainty is anything looking at a " Front Arc Primary " is useless on the YV-666.

On 12/25/2020 at 3:24 AM, topacesteve said:

Also which Elite Pilot Upgrade would you consider the best for him? (i would say Trick Shot)

Marksmanship has become sensible with all the cheap swarms flying about. Trick shot on a YV would be okay, but the cost is a bit prohibitive since it is still 4 points.