FFG finally dies (to me)

By Attackmack, in Star Wars: Armada

After they have ruined most of the brands that made me fall in love with them, FFG are now taking away the last thing I have from them.

Their forums have been a way for me to feel like im part of the community, armada and legion has both been big for me as well as xwing previously. Ive not been very active but ive always lurked, read, laughed and cried on these forums.

But now FFG is truly dead, be it their own fault or asmodee I see this as the final sigh before the name perishes completely. I feel so sad that things went this way, FFG was once the undisputed grand masters of boardgames and with XW they moved into and took firm hold of miniature gaming as well. Man I wanna cry...Think I am tbh...

Thanks everyone for making this such a great community, despite the soulless corporate overlords not giving two damns worth about it. I love you all.

That is that.

Edited by Attackmack

Sadly, FFG has been losing a lot of its brand loyalty by downgrading customer service, dismissing veteran designers, and now closing its forums. What I used to think of as "my" game company is quickly becoming just another game company. Hopefully Asmodee will turn it around.

3 hours ago, Keoki said:

Sadly, FFG has been losing a lot of its brand loyalty by downgrading customer service, dismissing veteran designers, and now closing its forums. What I used to think of as "my" game company is quickly becoming just another game company. Hopefully Asmodee will turn it around.

This is a direct result of FFG being bought by Asmodee...

Edited by Green Knight

Is this your first time experience in learning how a holding company works?

None of this comes to a suprise for me. I have watched the same thing play out many times with other companies.

13 hours ago, HawkZ71 said:

Is this your first time experience in learning how a holding company works?

None of this comes to a suprise for me. I have watched the same thing play out many times with other companies.

This didn't hurt ( the forum shutdown) until I read this. I have been through this so many times I forgot how to cry, metaphorically.

I may have picked a bad time to get involved socially, huh?

No way! Go over to the Boardgamegeek page!