Seeking group wisdom one last time: OT factions inter-balance

By LUZ_TAK, in X-Wing

As we approach the end of these forums, I seek for the collective wisdom/gut feelings of the community one last time to ask the following question:

How do the 3 OT (Rebels, Imperial, Scum) fare in terms of balance and power level between each other?

I remember asking this question maybe like a year ago and consensus was that the empire was pretty ahead, with rebels and scum trailing and generally equal to each other.

With the newest releases (points, upgrades, ships, crews, etc), how do you think these 3 factions stand against each other?

Thank you for your input.

Bumping because I really want to know.

Edited by LUZ_TAK

Strong imp lists were still strong during last points imo.
rebels were not quite as strong imo, also not quite as inspired as they have a lot of joust tendency. Hopefully new points gives some life to them. (Hello Bwings need a drop and or an upgrade for more interest)

scum. Hmm. I’m not great with this faction. Boba and fenn were both strong. There’s some bulk lists. Ion scyks are still a thing. I really do like starvipers and trandoshan slavers too. I think this faction is strong when you know what you’re doing.

Imperials and Scum are both pretty comparable on the power curve. They still have options for both full competition mode and just the OT factions.

Rebels have a little harder of a time, but they have solid options still.

32 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Imperials and Scum are both pretty comparable on the power curve. They still have options for both full competition mode and just the OT factions.

Rebels have a little harder of a time, but they have solid options still.

You would say the distance against empire has shorten, but more for scum than rebels?

26 minutes ago, LUZ_TAK said:

You would say the distance against empire has shorten, but more for scum than rebels?

I think they all can put up a good fight, and I’d put empire and scum at similar power level, especially now that Boba lost his crew.

Did not get all the T65 a discount atlast points update? Without any mayor tournament and all the shiny new stuff elsewhere I think they are a bit under the radar. Also thread Tracers...

But all OT, but esp Rebel and non-Boba non-Fang Scum have the problem of having few Force, few passive mods and very few linked actions, compared to the crazy stuff the other 4 can pull.

Edited by Managarmr
Spell
1 hour ago, Managarmr said:

But all OT, but esp Rebel and non-Boba non-Fang Scum have the problem of having few Force, few passive mods and very few linked actions, compared to the crazy stuff the other 4 can pull.

That's why I left out of the discussion the other factions

The new factions are almost crazy 1.0 action Bonanza factions.

6 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

6 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

The new stuff is so bonkers and shiny-new, that people probably are not willing to invest and search for the strong stuff in the OT's faction, esp not in Rebels where it is work to discover the gems. Which does not mean that there is not some strong stuff after last points but nobody explores it. Respectively it is not shown off as there are no major tournaments.

That why I compared to the new. I was not clear enough as to why I compared

Edited by Managarmr
Hit "post" early by mistake